W E D D I N G

V A N E S S A

"How do I look?" My mother asks me, a glowing smile sets on her face. Her ivory wedding dress with golden lace with diamond trims glistens in the light that shines from the windows in our hotel room.

"Oh mom," I couldn't find the words to describe how beautiful she looks, "Faust will be awestruck by you." I carefully hug her, not wanting to smear our makeup that took about a half hour each.

"Thank you honey, you look so beautiful in your bridesmaids dress." She gushes and holds me out in her arms to get a full view of my sparkling frame.

"Thanks mom." I smile back. She's pulled away by her best friend, Dian and we all head out of the room and down to where the wedding is set.

"Hey." I get a nudge on my arm and I find Mars, Faust's best friends' son, standing beside me.

"Hi." I shyly speak, not expecting him to be as handsome as he is with his dark brown hair that is shaved around the sides as the top curled wherever. His olive skin looking smooth, his face chiseled as his combed back eyebrows rest calmly above his green irises.

"Ready to do this?"

"Yeah, are you?"

"Totally. Must be nice to watch your mom get married."

"It is. It's her first time, and I've never seen her so happy."

"Mr. Ryder is a good man, he'll treat her like the queen she is."

"I know he will, he has to or I'll kill him." We both share a chuckle at this. The music starts and we wait patiently to walk down the isle. After Dian and Mr. Brazil, Mars' father, walk down, it's our turn. We slowly walk down, my arm that's wrapped up in Mars's shakes a bit as I try to block out the crowd of over one hundred pupils staring at me.

I stand next to Dian and notice Faust give me a reassuring smile, which instantly calmed me down.

How did he do that?

I snap my attention back down the isle as I watch my mother walk down the isle alone. She grips her bouquet with both hands, her eyes on Faust the whole time. It was actually a bit sad to see that my grandpa refused to walk her down the isle. Actually our whole family rejected the thought of coming to the wedding.

When she reaches Faust and the officiant, he begins reading from his bible. I of course tune this shit out, because who has time for that? I slowly dot my eyes around the room, admiring the grand ballroom we were in. Everything was gold and ivory, just what my mother wanted.

They say their I do's and give a passionate kiss, which I find myself not watching as they do so. I link back with Mars and we all leave the ball room and go upstairs to our rooms. All the bridesmaids changed into our second dresses we got so we could actually dance and move around during dinner. My mom also changed into a different wedding dress that was more mover-friendly.
*
*
"Mind if I join you?" Mars asks as I sit alone, sipping on champagne watching everyone else dance.

"Sure." I scoot my chair over and he takes a seat next to me.

"You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just tired. It's been a long day."

"I feel you. You don't dance?"

"Not really."

"Me neither. My girlfriend is always dragging me to clubs and I hate it." He chuckles and I sigh to myself.

Of course he has a girlfriend, he's like a bronze god.

"Um, Mars." Just then, a snobby voice sounded and I looked up to find a girl scrunching up her nose in distaste. "Let's go, I want to dance." She pulls him away from me without letting him speak. He waves me a short goodbye before being devoured in the crown of dancing bodies.