We Met At Sea~ (2)

Hi hi, folks!! >:3
First of all, THANK YOUUUU!!! (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
You're all amazing~
By the way, I hope I did the first part well because I've never written about mermaids. ;-;
This is the second part of We Met At Sea~
Oh boy, this might be long.
Enjoy!!! XD
------------------

Tom and Tord have been meeting each other for a little more than an year. During this time, Tord learnt that the kingdom Tom was the prince of was named after Poseidon's lovely wife, Amphitrite (sorry if it's wrong, blame Google). Tord was so shocked, he froze for a good 10 seconds. Tom laughed at this. While the boys met at the seaside, the king thought in the palace. He always asked where Tom had been when he comes back, but always received the same response.
"I went to the sea," Tom replied.
"Why?" The King asked.
"To meet my friend."
"Since your little adventure to the ocean, you've been going to meet your 'friend' everyday. What are you really doing?"
"I'm not lying, father. I went to meet my friend."
The King just walked away, thinking more. Who was his friend? Why is he meeting them so much? Is it a maiden? If so, is he in love with her? Is he lying to me? What is he doing there? All these thoughts filled his head as he thought of a solution. He concluded that he'll ask Tom some questions during dinner.

(Meanwhile with Tom)

Tom was currently walking back to his grand room as butlers and maidens rushed towards him asking,
"Good evening, sir. Would you like a drink?"
Or,
"Good day, sir. You're sweating. Would you like me to turn on the bath for you?"
Or maybe even,
"How are you, sir? Do you feel well? Your colour is not normal. Would you like me to arrange a meeting with your doctor?"
'The reason I have a water bottle is because I brought Tord mineral water to try. The reason I'm sweating is because I started speed walking to pass you all. The reason I'm was red is because I just met Tord.' Tom thought as he walked.

He ran into his room and shut the doors. He slid down the doors and went through what he just thought of.
'I'm red because I just met Tord?'
He slowly touched his face. It was burning with a coat of sweat. He decided to change. Maybe his warm suit was the problem. He slipped out of it and put on a more comfortable wear. He went to the bathroom and washed his face with some cold water. He looked back up to check his reflection. His face was back to its original hue. He sighed when his mother called for him through the door.
"Thomas!" She knocked on the door.
He walked back to the door and swung it open.
"Yes, mom?" He replied.
"Hello, dear! We're having dinner soon and we're having it with your father." She said.
"We're having dinner with Dad?! Wha- why?"
"Well, why not?"
"He...he's going to ask a billion question that I don't want to answer! The most awkward questions, mother. Especially about my new wife or husband or something."
The queen laughed.
"Okay, I'll tell him you get pestered by it then." She said, waving her hand.
"I didn't ask you to tell him! He would kill me and ask me more questions about it then." Tom whispered, cautious if his father was around.
"Alright, alright. Just... Stay at the table this time. Okay, sweetie?"
"Fine."
With that, she smiled and walked off. Tom closed the door and groaned. The two rarely eats with his father because he's usually still working or at some faraway country. Everytime they do though, Tom ends up storming to his room with his dinner in his hands from anger and frustration. Like he said, he always asked impossible to answer questions that drives Tom insane.
"Better get ready again, I guess," he mumbled to himself.

- timeskip to the dinner -

The large table was presented beautifully and the food looked delicious. The chandelier glistened above and the floor shined below. Though the scenery was everything someone dreamed of, the mood wasn't. The King was seated at one side of the table, he sat tall and his back was straightened. The queen was seated elegantly as she placed a napkin on her lap. Tom though, oh boy, sat quietly next to his mother. His hands were in fists and were on the table, he slightly glared at his father. His mother had to lightly elbow him to speak.
"Hello, father," he said.
"It's too late for a hello. It's good evening, Tom," the king replied.
Tom's blood already started to boil.
"Good evening," he greeted again.
"Good evening, Tom. Good evening, Shira." The other replied.
"Good evening, Rion." Shira replied, smiling. (The names are so terrible holy sh-)
Rion smiled back. They started on their meals. Well, the parents did, Tom did not. He just picked on the food with his head on his hand.