Chapter 11 - Good Luck Charm

I kept absentmindedly putting a finger to my lips, remembering that just a few hours earlier, Vic's had been there. Last night was...indescribable. Vic surprised me in every way imaginable. Before last night, our interactions ranged from pure distaste, to innocent flirtation, to emotionless. But now?

Vic showed a completely different side of himself. He was sweet and gentle and nervous? He actually admitted to being nervous when he came back to kiss me at my window. I never thought I'd see Vic Fuentes act nervous. And around me of all people.

That kiss. I had never experienced anything like it. Sure, I had kissed and been kissed before. But it was almost always lust filled, where each person wanted the same thing, pleasure and nothing more.

With Vic, it was tender and simple. As his shaky hand moved against my cheek, I felt connected to every bit of him. Every butterfly in his chest, every buckle of my knees, every hitch in my breath, and every movement of his lips.

"Yo Kellin, our shift is over!" Mike's loud voice pulled me from my daydream.

I was currently leaning over the metal counter in the fried dough stand, savoring the warmth from the afternoon sun. Mike and I had the morning shift today and it was just nearing 3:00 PM.

Vic hadn't texted me all morning and since we didn't really talk about what happened last night, I hadn't said anything to Mike. It wasn't my place, and I didn't want to make a fool of myself if the kiss wasn't going anywhere. Plus, I got the feeling that Vic had never been with a guy before and I wasn't going to out him to his brother.

"The morning shift isn't so bad, now we have the whole rest of the day ahead of us." I replied, taking off my paper hat.

"Speaking of which, the guys are coming over to jam soon and don't think I forgot you're going to the same university as Vic. I want to hear you sing dude!" Mike smiled at me.

"Uh...I get kind of nervous singing in front of other people." I mumbled.

"Vic used to be the exact same way. But trust me, we all love you and it's a musical safe space with us." Mike said encouragingly.

I did really want to see Vic, and this would be a great opportunity to hang out with him again in a group setting. Less nerve wracking. Plus, I had never been to Vic and Mike's house before and I really wanted to hear their band play.

"Plus, there will be beer and tequila and tacos. And killer music. I'm a GOD on the drums!" Mike urged.

"Alright alright, I can't say no to that." I said, giving in.

"That a boy! Let's go!" Mike hopped off the counter he was sitting on, as I followed him to his house.

The walk wasn't long since everything in this little was so close together. Before I knew it, Mike was leading me up a cobblestone walkway to a bright blue door made up of different shades of blue wood slates.

In the center of the door was a huge stained glass window, depicting a scene of wildflowers. Bright colors of red, orange, greens, and yellows reflected from the glass and danced on the ground as Mike pushed the door open.

He led me inside and I was caught off guard with how colorful everything was. We walked into a huge kitchen with the living off to the side.

The kitchen had sandy white cabinets with different baubles of sea glass as the door handles. The table was placed in front of a bay window facing the beach and ten mismatched colored chairs were crammed all around it.

My eyes scanned the wall as I took in all of the family photos they had hung up. There wasn't one bit of empty wall showing as dozens and dozens of frames filled the space. Each frame looked like it was handmade with a bunch of different sized sea shells, no doubt picked up from right outside.