"Done, you can look, Jeonggukie." His mother pulled him out of his thoughts, feeling her hands come down on his shoulders. "make sure not to disturb it too much when you put on your tux, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah." Gguk waved his hand lazily as he got up, walking into the bathroom, not too worried about the whole hair situation with the tons of hair sprays that had it all stay in place like it was made out of cement.

He stepped up to the mirror, hands resting on the sink as he thoroughly inspected his look, satisfaction blooming inside his chest as he hadn't really expected to be the biggest fan of the shorter style as he had grown so accustomed to his longer locks at this point but this felt like -- a fresh start, a spring breeze enveloping his body.

A smile spread across his features, dimples settling into his cheeks. The shorter cut not only made him feel like a fresher, new version of himself, it accentuated his jawline and cheekbones, made his brown hazel eyes pop out more as there's no hair covering them up.

For one of the first times in his life, he actually felt -- good looking. Handsome if he might say so. Not like the shadow of someone, not like someone who keeps chasing after someone unattainable, he felt like his own person.

After sparing himself one last glance smile still painted on his lips, he raced upstairs to his room, tuxedo on a hanger dangling from his closet, quickly putting it on. He had chosen something less conservative this time, no boring white button down with a tie or bow strapped on his neck but a black mock neck sweater, paired with an all black suit jacket and pants.

Jeongguk went to look into the mirror again, shrugging his shoulders to adjust the jacket, head turning away as his eyes fell on his desk, silver necklace resting on it. Hoseok had gifted it to him a little more than one month into dating, heart pounding against his chest quicker upon seeing it, smiling as he took the delicate chain into his hands, carefully opening it with his fingertips and strapping it around his neck.

He was more than satisfied with the final outcome of his look today he had been planning for quite a bit, not that he would admit that he spend a bunch of time shopping with Joohyun for all of these things.

As soon as he heard the ring of the doorbell followed by the barks of Byeolie, he rushed downstairs, not wanting his mother to take it again and get his now boyfriend involved in a thirty minute conversation and ulitmately having them be late.

Jeongguk ran up to the door, patting down his outfit one last time, making sure he looked neat before pulling open, seeing Hoseok standing in the archway, white delicate rose in his hand.

"You- you look amazing." Hoseok smiled eye to eye, dimples popping on his cheeks as he stepped in, his arm snaking around Jeongguk's waist pulling him close, his hands attaching to his chest.

Gguk felt his face heat up, giggling as his eyes fell up and down his boyfriend's body. Figure fit with a black button up, the top most three ones left unbuttoned, so that you could see the choker strapping around his lower neck, paired with the same suit jacket and pants as Jeongguk's own. "you do too."

But their little moment of togetherness got interrupted by a bright flash coming from their side, Gguk moving to where it came from seeing both his mother and sister phones in their hand taking pictures. 

"You guys are so cute, ah!" Joohyun cooed, tone incredibly high pitched as she snapped another picture of the young couple, Jeongguk's blushing intensifying for the worse, hands removing from Hoseok's chest, hiding his face instead. His family sure was embarrassing sometimes.

After a wave of what felt like thousands of photos they managed to somehow escape, heading to prom in Hoseok's car, jitters of excitement running through Gguk's veins as they stood infront of the gym, seeing beautiful lights hanging on the outside of the building, everything covered in purple silk and vines, really fitting their magical fairytale theme they had chosen this year.