eighteen [ prom promises ]

【playing

【playing..】

JIMIN (방탄소년단) - 약속
약속 (Promise)

❚❚►_____________________________ 2:31

Jeongguk sat on a chair in their living room, his mother tugging and combing at his hair, trying to smooth it into place carefully, some of his precious locks he had come to like a lot scattered around him on the floor.

"Tilt your head up a bit, Jeonggukie." Before he even could, a hand was placed under his chin already tilting his head up itself, brush now combing through the front.

"Is this really necessary? I like my hair down." Gguk whined as each brushstroke through his locks pulled at his scalp, already missing the feeling of being able to comb through his hair with his hands and having it fall back into place so easily. "and longer than it is now-" He sulked as he saw her pick up the can of hairspray she had placed on the coffee table infront of them.

"Sweetie, it was getting too long. Let's be honest." She laughed, placing little pumps of hairspray around Jeongguk's freshly styled hair. "And don't you wanna look nice on pictures? Your hair would be flying all over the place." 

And that he couldn't deny at all. His hair would be flying everywhere on pictures. And they sure would be taking a lot of them today since -- it was prom today. And adding it was his first time actually going with a date.

He would be going with Hoseok which wasn't even a question since --  who wouldn't go with their boyfriend or girlfriend? 

Hoseok had dropped the question pretty much the day after the two kissed at the parking lot of the roller rink, texting him if they could meet up again which of course Jeongguk couldn't say no to. 

So Hoseok picked him up again, driving to a nearby park, getting ice cream, walking around hand in hand, bright smile on their faces at all times before they settled down at the lake. And that's when with an arm around his body, his head on the others shoulder, Hoseok dropped the question after long ways of curving it.

So when after two months of dating prom came around it wasn't really a question who he was going with and whether they were even going. 

All proms of his high school life Jeongguk had spend as the third wheel, always going with Taehyung and Yongsoo, dancing with the two in a circle but feeling like too much of a bother for their peace, ending up sitting at some table or leaving earlier than he promised. Now it was going to be the first time he actually was eager and happy on going there. It sure was a weird feeling actually being excited for a social event that he usually would try to avoid at all stakes.

Though the worry of seeing him -- Taehyung, there was present in his mind, wondering if he had already heard the news break of Hoseok and him being an item, if he would somehow get around to talking to him for whatever reason. But i mean why would he spare more than a glance, they both more or less mutually decided to call their friendship quits, so talking was more than off limits. Not that he wanted to in the first place anyways, it's about having fun, Hoseok and him -- not about his broken heart that still somehow was attached to one that hurt him the most and let him feel the worst pain he ever did.