seventeen [ moving on ]

【playing

【playing..】

ITZY (있지) - IT'z ME
NOBODY LIKE YOU

❚❚►_____________________________ 3:17

Jeongguk looked into the bathroom mirror, hands running through his hair to comb it down its wavy curls, tugging some of it behind his ear.

He look at himself intensely, eyebrows wrinkling as he moved closer to said mirror, turning his head side to side deciding that he really needed to cut his hair soon as it was now close to covering his ears, so much longer than he was used to it being, fluffing up at the bottom the smallest bit.

He had really slacked with self care a bit for the last about four months, letting his hair grow out, not eating as healthy as he maybe should have been, feeling so much worse than he had ever felt before but the whole situation with Taehyung had left him feeling so incredibly empty. Like a shell of himself with no soul he had to take care off and soothe.

And eversince they faught on the middle of the street, luckily no one in sight to have listened to them, they haven't exchanged a word. Not one. Everytime he passed him in school, he looked down, every picture he is on in their house, he took them down under the premise that he didn't like them anymore, the keyboard he was gifted, he packed it back up, now resting behind his door, covered by a blanket.

He just felt too hurt, too deeply cut by the words he was thrown but couldn't catch. It sparked so much pain inside of him, that he completely forgot to take care of himself for at least two months, until Hoseok forced him outside more, insisted on visiting him more often and finally -- was even brave enough to ask him on a date.

Jeongguk's health and overall well being still wasn't at peak, but since the last two months of going out with Hoseok and being a lot closer with him than before, he started to pick himself up again.

Eating more regularly, crying less, getting out of bed and outside more, just overall feeling pretty much the best he's felt since starting senior year. 

As far as he is concerned, Taehyung and Yongsoo are still together and everytime he saw them they just seemed happier than ever and -- even with what happened he tries his best to be happy for them -- eventhough he's still deeply in love with his best friend. Well, ex-best friend as they mutually decided. 

He just couldn't help still being so deeply infatuated with him and he knew feelings would not disappear over night. No matter how many months, years it would take, some day he knew would be fine.

His hands went to turn on the faucet, water running out immediately, cupping his palms and watching them fill up.

He leaned down, blinking his eyes close before splashing it on his face, cold rush hitting him as his hands blindly reached for the face wash he placed beside the sink, squeezing some in his palms rubbling them together quickly and going to clean his face.