ten [ too far away ]

【playing

【playing..】

Red Velvet - 'The ReVe Festival" Finale
Psycho

❚❚►_____________________________ 3:30

Jeongguk sat in the small cramped band practice room yet again, fingers gently pulling the guitar strings, eyes softly closing as he hummed a melody coming straight from his mind.

Lyrics flashing through his head like he was watching the ending credits of a movie, raining down through his deepest thoughts, slowly opening his mouth.

"Fall like those dry leaves-" He breathed out the first few words, calm energy spreading through his chest. "Just falling without strength, my love."

He pretended like he didn't know where those sparks of lyrics were coming from, like he didn't know who he was dedicating them to, who they were talking about.

"Your heart just goes far away, I can’t catch you any more, any more. I can't hold onto you, yeah. " He continue to pull on the guitar strings softly, melody spreading throughout the small space, orange colored plastic chair he was sitting on making sounds occasionally.

A puff of air left his lungs, humming instead of singing out words afterwards, as his fingers pulled the strings with a little more power to give it more depth.

As the sounds layered and build up, he opened up his mouth again, vocal cords working again, more lyrics streaming through him, leaving him like a waterfall.

"Please don’t leave me, please don’t fall, never never fall, don’t go far away." He felt his closed eyes get slightly watery, trying his best to not crack his voice as all that popped up in his mind was a smiling image of Taehyung, happy and excited.

"Baby you, boy I can’t let you go-" he felt his hand shake a tiny bit, a tear escaping his closed shut eyes, feeling it drip down his cheek slowly. "Baby you, boy I can’t give up on you, like those falling dry leaves." 

He felt his voice quieting down, pulls on his guitar getting softer again. "This love, like dry leaves, never never fall-

He opened his glassy eyes, another tear escaping running the path of the first as he let his hands movements come to a complete halt. "It’s fading."  He breathed out, tone audibly pained, hurt.

Jeongguk took a deep breath again, shaking his shirt sleeve down slightly to cover the palm of his hand, reaching up to pat his tears dry.

He thought it would get better with distance from Taehyung but in fact -- life felt worse.

Last sunday the two had a mutual agreement on keeping a little distance from eachother for a bit, it hadn't even been a week, it had been four days and Gguk felt himself break.

That feeling of security and happiness, the feeling that everything was okay that he felt when he was with his family, not spending a thought on Taehyung, he had thought it was the solution to his problems.