◆48

I'm not me without you

Heejin felt sick.

Her stomach churning and gripping at the gut that threatened to send bile out of her throat as her mind flashed with the images of Jeno.

Sitting besides him in the ambulance was the last thing she thought she would be doing.
Seeing him dying is the last thing she thought she'd see after regaining her vision.

He was immobile, ventilator mask on his mouth as they pumped air into his lungs- they believed his lungs were collapsing right that moment.

There were no words, nothing at all that could describe what she was feeling, it was hell- torture for her.

Shakily, she reached out and her bloodied hands fell on his own- gripping it tight and she leant her head down till it touched his cold hand.

"I can't live without you Ji-hyeon." She whispered out with her eyes closed to hide from the fact the surroundings had started to spin.

Straining her eyes too much, head spinning and pain weaving through every nerve.

The warm salty tears trickled down her cheeks uncomfortably and the pressure in her chest tightened- leaving her utterly heartbroken.

A lone cry escaped her lips, resounding through the ambulance as he was slowly slipping through her fingers- not again, she wouldn't allow it.

She pressed a kiss to his hand, the salty remains of her sadness on her lips as she prayed he would live.

He would live wouldn't he?

Frantic, chaotic, agonising.

Standing outside his hospital room, she had her back to the wall and her fists clenched by her side as the doctors and nurses panicked.

Ripping his items of ruined bloodied clothes off whilst beggining the chest compressions and demanding things Heejin couldn't work out in the flurry of her prisoned mind.

A nurse, wide eyed and frantic, rushed out of the room with blood coating her protective wear.

"Emergency!" She almost screamed out to the front desk not far away. "Patient is having a fit!"

Heejin's eyes widened, rushing to the door with her hands on the doorframe- hair falling over her face as her teary sight fell on Jeno's body that shook uncomfortably.

The raw dread that fell onto her made her stumble back, her back hitting the wall opposite the door- eyes never leaving the sight.

"He's going into cardiac arrest!"

Heejin's eyes fell to the chaos around him as they began chest compressions- charging up a defibrillator.

His chest lurched upwards at the force of shock and the door was promptly closed- seperating the two.

Well Damn Jeno is dying

Anyway

How you guys finding the book? What should happen heh