◆12

Jeno stumbled when she pushed him out of the house unexpectedly and his eyes widened when the ceiling fell through- the sight of her leaving and only the scene of flames

He handed the baby into someone's arms, mind a frenzy as he realised she had risked her life for him and the baby.

"She's such an idiot," he grumbled to himself, trying to hide the overwhelming dread he felt as he ran around the house.

Finding the back door, he began trying to open it- rattling the door handle before banging on the door in frustration.

"Fuck! Heejin!" He yelled through the door, banging his fists against it. "Come on Rosa, be alive." He muttered, ramming his shoulder against the door- and again until he felt the pressure of it release and he was inside.

He didn't stop there, running into the flame ridden house and panting as he scanned quickly to find her.

"Heejin! Where are you!" He yelled out though the flames and he was weakened by the irritants in his lungs- coughing out.

"Rosa!" It slid off his tongue, the slight undertone of an Italian accent from his childhood spent there.

He caught sight of something, immediately rushing over and avoiding the contact of fire when he saw her slumped against the wall- unconscious.

She was bleeding, there was piles of wood on her body and he cursed out, working under these pressure of the time restraints of death as he began hauling them off her- feeling the heat against his back.

"Why did you do that, you're so stupid." He muttered, pushing the metal pole from off of her ankle and coughing again, eyes burning.

He glanced back, seeing the fire nearly reaching the only exit and he looked back at the unconscious girl, hooking his arms under her and lifting her up with ease as he ran through the destroyed and flame ridden house.

Fortunately, he made it outside with the girl in his arms- rushing to the front of the house with Heejin still unconscious.

Yuta ran over to them and Jeno placed her onto the ground, him also falling onto the ground- hunched over and he coughed and coughed.

"Shit, she isn't breathing."

Why can't Jeno save me from a burning building