◆14

"I thought her parents died

"I thought her parents died." Lucas trailed off, standing with Jeno as he was getting checked over by the paramedic.

His gaze reminded on Heejin who layed still on the floor, surrounded by other paramedics and the flashing of blue and red lights illuminated her skin.

"Weren't you the one who set the fire?" Johnny inquired thoughtfully, humming at the memory and Jeno flickered his gaze up at the boy who immediately stepped down and quietened.

"Yes." Jeno answered. "And I don't know how they could be alive."

"Heejin saved her family..." He heard, making him turn around to see the hacker of the midnight thorn gang- Lee Donghyuck.

Jeno didn't say anything, watching as his hand was being bandaged up, taking it as a cue for the rival to continue talking.

"When you set fire to the house 3 years ago..." Donghyuck shifted uncomfortably, glancing at the girl. "It ruined her."

Jeno also looked to where the girl layed, now being put on the stretcher with a groan of pain, making Jisung next to her wince.

"She was only 17, it's not possible she saved her parents and her siblings." Jeno replied monotonously, remembering the uprise of the biggest mafia family crumbling to pieces.
5 siblings- there's no way.

Donghyuck sighed, letting down his hostility as the weight of the memories layed in.

"It wasn't possible you're right...she could only save her parents."

The atmosphere shifted, the Silver Bullets unsure why he was telling them all of this but by the sight of his red eyes they didn't say anything.

Donghyuck sniffled.
"She couldn't save her siblings...they all died in the fire which is why she ran into the house today to save the baby." He explained, drifting his solemn gaze to the mother crying in relief over her child.

Donghyuck glanced at Jeno who remained blank.
"You ruined her life you know?"

"I know."
"And putting aside the fucking Mafia shit for a second," Donghyuck snapped, standing straighter and walking over to Jeno.
"She lost her family, she might loose the only two people in her family because of you- you make me sick." He sneered and stepped closer- only to have him held back by Yangyang.

"Come on Hyuck, let's go home."
"No!" He exclaimed, pulling out of his grip.

Jaemin and Renjun joined Jeno, the air thick with smoke and ashes.
"Why did you do what you did? We never did anything to you, couldn't you have just I don't know robbed us?" He ranted, tears falling down his cheeks and Renjun tore his gaze away, something heavy in his heart pulling him away.

"Donghyuck." Yuta interjected sternly. "Go home and recollect yourself."

The boy sniffled, wiping his cheeks and taking one last look at the young leader.
"I hope you're happy."

From a distance, Heejin was panicking and being pushed back down by the frantic paramedics.

"My p-parents, are they okay? Please I can't lose them too."

Well

Well