◆29

"Why should I listen to you if you've been lying this whole time?" She whispered out shakily, wanting to sound more confident but her body trembled and she couldn't make sense of her thoughts

Jeno didn't say anything, one last look at her broken and betrayed expression and he tore his eyes away- it stabbing at his chest.
He pushed himself off of her, standing up and holding his hand out.

Heejin sat up but didn't take his hand to stand on her feet, fearing her legs would give in as her hands shook.

"I waited for you." She admitted, her small voice carrying through the air, plundering into his ears and swirling around his head. "8 years...and it was you all along."

Jeno gulped the strange feeling swirling inside him yet couldn't take his eyes off of her.

Heejin let out a breath, shoulders falling down and her fingers weaved through her hair, pulling at the roots in frustration.
"I'm so fucking stupid, I'm so stupid."

His heart jolted and sank to his gut as she was taking her frustration out on herself, knees pulled up and her elbows on top as she clenched her cries back behind her teeth.

Jeno fell to his knees beside her, hesitant to even touch her in case he made the whole situation worse.

"I'm sorry Rosa."

Heejin burst out into tears, a heart wrenching sob slipping from her lips and she hid her face into her palms to muffle her hiccuped cries.

Jeno's larger, warm palm gently placed on her back, the other one clenched on his thigh, angry at himself mostly.

"I wanted to tell you but it just would've made things worse."

Heejin glanced at him through the tears that flowed and wiped the fallen salty tears from her rosy cheeks.

"I don't know about you but it doesn't get much worse than losing your whole family."

Jeno sighed, retreating his hand from her back and realised little droplets of rain had began to fall.

"Come on Rosa, let's go somewhere warm and I'll explain everything."

Jeno dusted himself off and stood up, the rain falling faster and his hair becoming damper, sticking to his forhead.

His hand was outstretched towards her and this time, she grabbed onto it and let him pull her up effortlessly, her stumbling slightly but regaining posture.

In the pouring rain they stood, her tears mixed in with the rain and his white shirt sticking to his body.

Heejin couldn't take her eyes away from his face, everything falling into place and she could see the resemblance from when they were younger- it hurt that she missed it all- the memories now faded picture.

Heejin sniffled, pulling on his hand until her body hit his- wrapping her small arms around his slim waist and her teary cheek fell on the broadness of his beating chest.

Jeno looked down in slight surprise as her fists clutched the material of his shirt, relishing in the bond she wanted to reconnect- her long lost friend.

He equally slid his arms around her shoulders as she gripped onto him tighter, closing her eyes and the warmth of his arms beat the cold harsh rain- she felt nostalgia creep up on her and it felt right.

It felt like home.

"I missed you Hyeonie."

Aw how cute

Aw how cute

What should happen with (idk ship name)