Villain: Redux - PT1 - CH4 Horses

Part I: Remote Control

Chapter 4

Blossom watched the volume of the small glass container rise by just another millimeter as the Professor carefully transferred the metallic, black substance from one vial to the next. Her father sighed deeply as he took a step away from their day's work. The amount of Chemical X they had managed to create was still nowhere near sufficient enough for what he ultimately needed. Blossom frowned, recognizing the look of disappoint on his face. The scientist removed his lab goggles, and massaged his temple as he returned to his work desk to begin logging their day's progress on his computer.

Blossom quietly hovered over to her own work station in the Professor's lab. She lowered herself onto her chair and opened her own laptop computer. As she waited for her system to boot up, her pink eyes fell on the last small heap of cinnabar x. There was maybe just about fourteen or fifteen grams left of the rare black ore which was central to the current task at hand. It had been about two weeks since the father-daughter duo had begun their Chemical X refinery project, and due to their dwindling resources, it seemed that it would soon be coming to an unsuccessful end. Fourteen or fifteen grams could easily be refined in another day or two, Blossom imagined. Then what?

The cellphone in the her pants pocket began to buzz, and her pink eyes widened as she looked at the caller ID. She answered eagerly, rising from her chair with a jump, "Yes, Mayor?"

Professor Utonium peered over his computer monitor once he heard his daughter address the mayor over the phone. He waved for Blossom's attention and then whispered to her: "Ask her about Monster Isle."

Blossom held her cell to her ear with one hand and gave the Professor a thumbs up in response with her other hand.

"Hello, Blossom," Mayor Bellum said on the other end. "How are you?"

"I'm great, Mayor. Thanks for asking. How are you? Can I be of any help?"

"Fine, thank you. No, no help necessary. I'm actually just calling you about that conversation we had the day of the earthquake. You know, about you girls wanting to redesign your uniforms."

"Oh, the uniforms?" Blossom frowned a little. She had been hoping the mayor was calling with more important matters. "Of course. What about them?"

"Well, I mentioned your idea to our PR team, and they loved it! They actually were able to get some wonderful sponsorships who all have come together to design you girls something fantastic! I think you're really going to love it!"

"Oh," Blossom paused, a little taken aback by what Mayor Bellum was saying, "Well, I thought that we'd be designing the uniforms ourselves, actually. You know, my sisters and I."

"Well, of course, if that is what you girls prefer. But would you just come take a look at what they have?"

"Yeah, I guess we can do that," Blossom answered, before quickly changing the subject: "Oh, Mayor Bellum, can I ask if there's been any news on the Professor's request for excavation on Monster Isle?"