Chapter 52: Talk with Connie

Start from the beginning

Kevin: Steven! What took you so long?!

Steven: I-I got lost coming up the driveway.

Derrick : Yo, Kev, who invited the 7-year-old, bro? And this dude?

Kevin: Hey, shut your mouth, Derrick! I thought I told you to go buy more ice! *looks at Steven and cringes* Ugh. You just come from picture day at school or something? *looks at me* He looks cool though.

Steven: I brought snacks?

Kevin grabs Steven's snacks and throws them away. Damn prick.

Steven: Wha...? Aah!

Kevin: This party is lame enough as it is. Look at these people!

The party-goers who were staring at Steven earlier quickly return to their previous activities.

Kevin: This is forgettable! But not for long. Every time Stevonnie shows up on the scene, everybody's talking about it. And when Stevonnie shows up at my party, everyone's gonna be talking about this night until they're old grandparents. And their last words to their grandchildren will be, "Kevin throws the best parties."

Y/N: So you invited us here to make your party unforgettable?

Steven chuckles nervously, when he notices Lion standing with some of the party-goers some distance away.

Y/N: Is that.......Lion?

Steven: Um... Lion?! *turns to Kevin* Wait, you're the one who had him the whole time?!

Kevin: What? Ugh! No, I'm allergic to dogs.

Y/N: That's a feline, dumbass!

Steven: Then what's he doing here?

Lion moves away, and Steven gasps as he sees Connie standing besides Lion. Both Connie's and Steven's eyes meet, and Steven hides behind Kevin in hesitation.
My eyes widened when I saw Connie.

Steven: Connie!

Kevin: Hey!

Steven: I haven't seen her in so long. She looks so different. Ugh! *crotches down* I thought she'd be here to see me, but maybe she's just here to have a good time. Maybe she's moved on.

Kevin: She's moved on? Wait, did you guys break up? Can 7-year-olds even do that? And maybe
Y/N is already 21 and still doesn't have a girl.

Steven: I'm 14.

Y/N: I'm 15,000 years old and you know nothing about my relationships to my friends.

Kevin: You didn't tell me you guys broke up. You got a free ticket to what would have been the best teen party in Delmarva. But now it's just some sad kid party getting crashed by a couple of sad kids!

Steven: All right, okay. I'm- I'm leaving.

Kevin *inhales* No. When did this happen?

Steven: A few weeks ago.

Kevin: Hmm... You been texting her?

Steven: Several dozen times.

Kevin: *sighs* She text you back?

Steven:Umm... No...?

Kevin: Hmm... But she knew you'd be here.

Steven: Right! Right. I'll- I'll just go talk to her. *blushes and tears up* I'll- I'll just go tell her how sorry I am. I-I really messed up. *sniffles* I-I was an idiot! And I-

Steven begins walking toward Connie, but Kevin grabs him and pulls him away.

Kevin: Whoa! No no no no no no no no no. Okay, kid, listen. I wouldn't normally do this, because you're a pitiful kid with snot coming out of your nose...