Chapter 46: Gemcation

Start from the beginning

Amethyst: Hey, Greg, did you invite anyone else? Party guy, about three feet long, hissing, reptilian?

Greg: No...?

AmethystWell... You might want to factor in a plus-one.

Pearl: Oh! Party guy! No!

Y/N: Nuh uh! *summons gauntlets* I'm not having a trashy Party Guy in my vacation!

Hissing and clashing noises are heard from within the house.

Greg: I promise. It's gonna be a really good time.

Steven: *keeps looking down at his phone* It's a great place, Dad.

Time-Skip; Dusk

Steven, Greg, and the Gems are gathered outside, lounging and barbecuing.

Amethyst: It only bit Pearl once, but, like, we're Gems. She'll be okay.

Pearl: *groans* It isn't the pain. It's the surprise.

Y/N: Yeaaah....the surprise....

Me, Greg and Amethyst glance over to Steven, who is still engrossed on his phone.

Greg: Hey, Amethyst, do you think you could...

Amethyst: Yeah! *walks over and sits down beside Steven* Hey, Steven.

Steven: Hi, Amethyst.

Amethyst: Man, you can see the stars so clearly out here. It's pretty, huh?

Steven: Huh? Uh, I don't know. *shrugs* It's... okay.

Amethyst: Hey, hey. It's okay, if it isn't okay.

Steven: The sky?

Amethyst: Yeah.

Steven: What?

Amethyst: *shrugs* I don't know. So, uh, you really into phones now?

Steven: No.

Steven nervously puts his phone away. Amethyst looks at me and Greg and shrugs.

Time-Skip; Night-time

Still staring at his phone, Steven bumps into the door inside the house, and opens it to walk outside, when Greg and Garnet, sitting in a hot tub, greet him. I just got in the tub and started enjoying the temperature of the water.

Greg: Hey, Schtu-ball! Won't you take my place? I've been in here way too long. I'm gonna become a raisin.

Greg winks at Garnet before climbing out and walking away.

Garnetl: Steven, you should join me and Y/N. Become a raisin.

Steven: Okay, but one sec.

Steven walks away and returns with his phone in a ziplock bag, and climbs into the tub with his clothes still on.

Garnet: Steven, I know what's troubling you.

Steven: You do? *smiles in a sense of relief* Gosh. I really messed up, didn't I?

Garnet: You didn't do anything wrong. Pink Diamond was a villain.

Y/N: I'm sorry what?

Steven's relief quickly fades, as Garnet attempts to weave another epic tale, cuing a flashback of the Crystal Gems facing off a massive Gem, presumably Pink Diamond.

Garnet: It was 5,750 years ago. Pink Diamond was ravishing the planet-

Steven: Yeah, I know.

The flashback abruptly ends. I stood up and got off the rub. I don't want to hear the conversation about Pink if Garnet is the one telling.