Chapter 46: Gemcation

Start from the beginning

Greg: Eh? Eh?

Amethyst*muffled*: Check this out, Steven. *spits out an egg, with normal voice again* It's farm fresh.

Y/N: It's farm fresh and you put that in your mouth?

Steven: Uhh... Thanks guys, but the fridge is full.

Greg: Not the fridge at our vacation house!

Greg pulls a confetti popper as the Gems clap and cheer.

The Gems: Whoo! Vacation!

Y/N: Yeah!

Greg: I thought, "Why spend money on hoses when I can spend it on houses?" So I found a place we could rent for the weekend by searching online.

Greg holds up his phone, displaying an image of their vacation house with a four star rating. Why not a five star?

Greg: Back in the old days, we just went door-to-door hoping one was unlocked. But, this is the new days!

Y/N: Wait you used to do break and entering?

Steven: Okay. Well, have fun.

Y/N: Ah ah ah! You're coming with us.

Greg: Steven, you're going on vacation, too. *coughs and glances at Pearl*

Pearl: Oh, yes. This is the perfect time for a vacation- I mean, how often are we on the same planet together?

Amethyst: Yeah. And you'll be with your favorite Gems, and your favorite dad. And you can also be with your favourite brother.

Garnet: Agree with Amethyst. Turn to Steven. Steven, you should go. No, with more enthusiasm. Steven, it's a vacation! *gives a thumbs-up*

Y/N: You've been through tough times Steven. It's time to take a break once and a while, you know?

Steven: I mean, I would, but I'm really tied up with something important.

Steven checks his phone again, as more texts keep appearing from Ronaldo.

Ronaldo (Voiceover): "In the end, the wombats were for naught." "But it really makes you think-"

Steven: I'll go.

Garnet: Aced it!

Scene change Cool Ranch

Greg drives Steven and the Gems in his van up to the front of their vacation house, I parked my car and I used a car cover to keep it from getring damaged by the weather, while Steven's eyes is fixated onto his phone.

Greg: Here it is, temporary home sweet temporary home.

Everyone gets out and begins unloading the van; Steven observes Garnet and Amethyst carrying a mattress in the house.

Steven: Is that my bed?

Greg: Yeah. I want you to be as comfortable as possible, finally have some family time. I feel... like you haven't had that in a while.

Steven: *looking down at his phone* Yeah, maybe.

Greg: This place is great! They have one of those refrigerators that dispense water, not to mention four windows, and an analog clock!

Pearl: *reading off a piece of memo* Hmm, says here we can't use the water dispenser or the clock. Windows must be kept closed at all times, and remove all shoes before entering. Hmm.

Pearl notices a pair of shoes outside the house. She picks them up and throws them away, before walking inside the house. Amethyst then peeks out through the doorway.