Everything Is Not As It Seems

Charles' P.O.V:

Despite Wanda's screams of pain, the treatment seems to be going well. Thankfully our monitors are showing us that the chip is almost deactivated, so Wanda won't have to endure anymore of...

"Listen...I-I'm really sorry..." I hear Peter plead fearfully and I answer him confused, without turning to face him.

    "You have nothing to be sorry for Peter." I say in return, earning an odd glance from everyone around me. "Charles?" Erik questions as he stands up and walks closer to me. I look at him quizatively before turning my attention to Peter.

   I am shocked to find a horrified look on his face as shivers rack his body. "Charles who are you talking to?" Erik questions, slightly worried, but I ignore him as I am now connected to Peter's mind. 

   "Oh you will be. Full charge doctor." I hear Stryker order to some man in a lab coat. I'm now reliving Peter's memory with him, seeing it through his eyes. I desperately try to convince him that this is merely a memory, but it's no use for I feel electricity surging within me.

   "ARGHGHGHH" Wanda, Peter, and I yell in unison, all feeling the same pain. I can hear Erik's loud and intrusive thoughts as he worriedly asks Hank what's going on.

   "I...I don't - I don't know." Hank admits, fearful himself. "Well make it stop!" Raven yells angrily. "I can't! The chip is almost completely deactivated! It'll only take another minute or two." Hank argues and Raven merely lets out a huff of disapproval, while Erik rushes back over to his trembling son.

   Finding that I'm no use to Peter in this weakened state, I disconnect my mind with his, returning to peaceful reality.

   I quickly catch my breath and run a shaky hand through my hair, as I try to recover from the shocks. "Charles!" Raven exclaims as she runs towards me and kneels in front of my wheelchair.

   "Are you alright? What happened?" She asks and I pause for a moment before answering, in an effort to regain my strength. "I...I was connected to Peter's mind and he...aaand he is having some type of flashback from when he was shocked at Stryker's base." I say shakily, unsuccessfully trying to mask my pain.

   Erik looks up at me and then back to his son as he holds his shaking form steadily in his arms. "What do I do Charles?" He asks surprisingly calmly, but I can tell that he's just doing it for my sake.

   "You...you need to take him as far away from Wanda as possible right now. He is experiencing the same shock as she is because of their connection to each other. Him relieving his prior experience with electroshock therapy is merely adding to the pain." I quickly get out and Erik gently lifts Peter's small form and races to the elevator.

   "Take care of her." Erik begs with pleading eyes and I merely nod before Raven speaks for me. "We will. Now go!" She says hurriedly and with that Erik leaves the mansion.

   "Are...are we almost done Hank?" I ask, trying to block out Wanda and Peter's pain, so I can focus on helping Wanda. "Yes. We should be done soon Professor." Hank says with a sympathetic smile.

   "Thank you." I say as Raven focuses her attention back on me. "Charles are you ok?" She asks seriously. "Why yes, I'm fine. It's the children I'm worried about." I lie, but Raven can see right through it. She always could.