Monster

When they finally made their way back to the apartment, they practically carried Peter to the couch so Wanda could properly check his head.

   Internally she was freaking out about the unexpected power within her, unable to reconcile what she was.

   However, she kept those emotions bottled up for now because she needed to take care of her twin. She could momentarily restrain her own fears to help her brother. It also served as a slight distraction to the lingering truth that now consumed her.

   Ben watched from a distance as Wanda checked Peter's pupils again, as well as his gaping head wound, while asking him certain questions to get an idea of his mental state.

   Thankfully she was taught in medical school how to deal with concussions, as well as giving stitches if necessary, though it didn't appear that Peter would need any. 

   Normally, she would be expected to ask patients questions like, 'who is the current president' or 'what day is it' in order to test their cognitive function.

   However, knowing her brother who rarely payed attention to the news or world events, Wanda was certain that he would get those questions wrong without a concussion.

   Instead, she quizzed him on something he knew practically everything about...music and Twinkies.

   "Name the members of Queen." Wanda ordered as she dabbed the blood on Peter's forehead with a damp cloth, given to her by Ben.

   Peter winced at the contact, backing away slightly. "What does that have to do with anything?" He asked annoyed, his headache only slightly diminishing.

   "I need to make sure you don't have a concussion. Now answer the question." Wanda went to place the cloth on his head again, only for Peter to squirm out of her grasp.

   "Peter, this is serious. You need to stay still and answer my questions or else we'll have to go to the hospital. Do you really want to go there and have a bunch of doctors poking and prodding you?" She questioned, sounding an awful lot like their aunt.

   "No, I guess not." Peter frowned as he allowed his sister to continue her examination.

   "Members of Queen. Name them."

   Peter sighed as he closed his eyes for a moment, slightly alarming his sister, though putting her at ease with his quick answer.

   "Freddie Mercury, Roger Taylor, John Deacon, and Brian May."

   "Correct." Wanda smiled, slightly relieved before asking a few more questions.

   "What company makes Twinkies?"

   "Are you serious? That's such an easy question, come on." Peter whined, earning an eye roll from his twin.

   "If it's so easy then why aren't you answering it?" She asked with a smirk.

   "Ugh fine. It's the Hostess Brands." Peter answered before realizing how hungry he was. "Wait can I have a Twinkie?"

   "I'd wait until tomorrow, Pete. Just incase you get nauseous." Wanda advised and Peter frowned slightly as he slumped further into the couch.

   "How is he?" Ben asked from the recliner, having silently watched the siblings as Wanda did her work.

   "It doesn't look like he'll need stitches, but he needs a lot of rest and to take it easy." Wanda advised as she delicately placed the bandage on her twin's forehead.

   Peter smiled slightly to himself, enjoying seeing Wanda in her element and how good she was at it. He always knew she'd do something great.

   "You have to tell me immediately if you don't feel good, okay?" Wanda told him seriously, pulling him from his thoughts and back into the conversation.