Something Bad

Peter's P.O.V:
After a couple of days Wanda got back to normal, except sometimes she was just...different.

Last night at dinner, she was talking to me and out of no where called me Pietro. She never calls me that unless she's mad at me or it's serious, but she just did it in a casual manner.

Then there was that scar on her neck. It was only about 2-3 cm long so you could barely see it, but I know for a fact that she's never had that before.

   I tried asking her about it, but she just kept changing the topic. I assumed that it was some cut or something from when she was taken, but I still felt that it was something more.

And I also noticed that she suddenly started calling Erik, "dad." She never called him that before; it wasn't until she came back that this started.

   I remember when we were in foster care, she always said that she didn't care if we ever found our father because she didn't need him — we had each other and that was enough. She was also kind of hesitant on having him in her life in the first place.

I tried telling Charles and Erik but they just dismiss it and insist that she's fine and has been through a traumatic experience so it's normal for her to have changed a bit, but I don't buy it. I keep telling them but they don't believe me! Why doesn't anyone believe me?

Peter, we need you in my office right now please.

   Charles says in my head and I sigh in annoyance. Within a nanosecond I'm in his office and am sitting in the chair next to my father and Wanda.

   "What?" I ask annoyed and Erik gives me a look and asks sarcastically.

   "I'm sorry, are we inconveniencing you Pietro?"

"Don't call me that." I demand seriously and the room goes silent.

   "Well why not?" Erik asks confused, but I try to change the subject as quickly as possible.

   "Only two people in the world are able to call me that and you're not one of them." I sass and Erik immediately gets angry.

   "I will not accept that tone from you young man." Not wanting to get in an argument I merely roll my eyes and whisper under my breath.

   "You can't boss me around. Who do you even think you are?"

   Unfortunately for me, Erik has hawk ears and easily heard my complaints.

   "I am you father and I will not allow you to speak to me in that way!" He shouts and the arguing ensues. Charles and Wanda try to bud in from time to time, but it's to no avail.

   "You can't just tell me what to do!" I scream back, us both standing in each other's faces.

   "You are my son! I am your father! I have every right to..."

   "You're not my dad!"

   I finally yell, as I take a step back. The room goes silent and I see Erik's face fall.

   "You're not. I...I'm sorry but you're just not."

   Erik tries to put a hand on my shoulder but I back away and aggressively shake my head.

   "I'm sorry Peter. I've overstepped my bounds. I know that I haven't been present in your lives and you have every right to hate me. But please, just give me a chance..." Erik begins but I stop him before he can finish.

   "It's not...it's not your fault. You didn't know about us. You aren't the problem. I am." I say as tear threatens to fall down my face, but I wipe it before anyone can see it.