Chapter Seventeen (Sixteen Weeks Along)

~Gavin POV~

Honestly never thought I would say this, but I'm so thankful for Adam in these past few days. While I worked or visited Bri he took care of Theo. All three of us were worried sick due to the fact that Bri hasn't woken up in four weeks. Doctors have been in to check on the babies which they say look to be okay, although one isn't moving as much as the others along with having a slower heartbeat than normal. But they say all three babies are fine.

I pulled up to the hospital with Theo in the backseat strangly quiet. I parked quickly and climed out grabbing him and setting him on the ground and he looked up quickly and I saw the tears. "Bubby what's wrong?" I bent down to his level and his lips quivered. "Daddy, is mommy going to die.?" My heart stopped. I reached my arms out and Theo fell into them crying. I sniffled my sobs back and looked at him. "Your mommy is the strongest woman I've ever met. And right now, she's fighting the toughest battle anyone is ever going to. There is no telling if she will win or not. But your mommy won't go down without a fight. That I promise you." I pulled him close and felt him nod. "She's a superhero." I smiled slightly and nodded at him. "Yes she is bubby." And with that I lifted him up and carried him inside going up to Bri's room. 

I sat beside Bri's bed, looking down and seeing Theo had fallen asleep curled up to her body. I knew it was late but I didn't want to leave her. I grabbed my phone and called Adam.

Gavin? Is Bri awake?

Hey Adam, no she's still out, but I was wondering if you would be okay with me bringing Theo by to stay with you. I work early tomorrow, he's al-

Yes. I'll be awake and waiting. I have clothes and he can sleep in my bed with me. I'll see you when you get here.

Thank you so much. I'll see you soon.

And with that I hung up. I slipped my phone in my pocket and stood up. I pressed a soft kiss to Bri's head and picked up Theo carefully. Before I left I turned around and for a second I thought I heard a small sigh come from her small body.

After dropping Theo off I unlocked the door to the house and walked in. This being the first time I had been in the house alone I looked over at the spot where I had seen a bloody battered Bri laying only four months before. Tears ran down my cheeks and I felt my heart break. I shook my head and started up the stairs noticing small things that Bri would leave laying around the house or would have picked up by now. Then I saw one of her shirts laying in a ball by our bedroom door and I lost it. My fist slammed into the railing of the steps and angry tears started falling. This was my fault. I wasn't there to protect her and now she's laying in a hospital and may not make it out alive. I did this. I made my wya into our room and slammed the vase filled with dead flowers against the wall and broke down screaming out for her. BUt she didn't come. I slammed our bathroom door running my hands through my hair angierly until I saw the door open. "Gavin..?" I looked over and saw Han. Her bandage was removed. Only small scars were on her. I shook my head as she wrapped her arms around me. "You knew you shouldn't have came alone Gav. Why did you?" Her soft voice cooed in my ear reminding me of Bri even more. I shook my head and cried harder whispering the words that I've been needing to say these past four months. "I'm scared I'm going to lose her and myself..."

~Adam POV~

"Hey!" Theo giggle yelled jumping onto my lap snuggling closly to me. I looked down and saw he was tired. Everyone had been these past four months. With Bri out of it Gavin and I haven't known what to do. She was always on top of everything. She had everything planned out and most of the times she never realized it. I laid my head softly against Theo and thought about the day I found Bri and Han and Theo trapped. 

I pulled up noticing Gavin's car was gone but a van was parked close to Hannah's car. I quickly got out of my car remembering that Hannah had been raped by her ex. I went to the door and knocked hearing a dead silence, then Bri's scream filled the air. "Brianna?! Bri are you okay?! Bri open up!" I started banging on the door until a man opened it. "Who the hell are you?" I walked in and saw the bloodly body of Bri with a confused Theo looking between her and Hannah. I dropped down beside Bri and called Gavin, telling her to tell him what was happening. As she did I saw Caleb shove the knife into her thigh and I couldn't move or think or talk. "She's going to die here... In front of our son.." I grabbed her hand and saw her mouth help just as Caleb shoved the knife into her colar bone. The police and Gavin ran in. He dropped beside Brianna and looked helpless. I stood up and watched and Bri was loaded onto a stretched and Theo ran to me and held onto me tightly whispering "Daddy save mommy.." I felt tears drip from my eyes as Bri went unconscious and she was wheeled out of the home followed by Hannah. A taller man in uniform walked up to me and looked at Theo. "Would you mind telling us what you saw, and could you bring him so he can say as well." I nodded and walked with him out the door. 

"So you knocked and heard her scream help, correct?" Officer Ryan asked looking up at me while I held Theo tightly against me. "Yes. When Caleb opened the door she was on the floor, like she had fallen or been pushed, and she was bleeding out of a long gash in her arm. I grabbed her phone off the couch and dialed her fiance and had him come to her." As we talked I felt my shirt become wet, as if Theo was crying. "Bubby, he look at daddy, what's wrong?" Officer Ryan set his pen down and watched as Theo looked up at me with tears running down his face. "Daddy the man hit me. And mommy. He tried to kill mommy.." I held my only son close and looked at officer Ryan who had tears in his eyes. "Get him to the hospital. I'll call you when we figure out what's happening with Mr. Brookes case." He stood up and so did I. "Thank you." And with that I headed to the hospital where I knew Gavin was a wreck.