Chapter 77: Silence Drives The Mad Man Mad

Start from the beginning

Haru gritted his teeth together, having missed where he intended to shoot and proceeding to correct his aim, this time, making contact with the target. The gun in Rei's hands was now out of his grip, sliding across the floor while the blonde sharply turned his head to see the assailant. The brunette walked forward slowly, showing the rest of the bullets in the revolver to the blonde that was unarmed to warn him against touching the female.

Yet he only picked her limp body up, pressing it to his own figure and guarding it with his life. He tucked the girl's head into his chest, ensuring his back was completely turned on the brunette so he couldn't harm her in any way. His grip on her was tight, but soft, scared, but determined as well as many other mixes of emotions, almost contradicting his being. He heard the footsteps of the brunette approaching him stop and he clutched the female tighter, wanting only to protect her at that moment.

"Let her go," Haru said, his voice low, "You have five seconds."

"I won't let anybody else touch her!" Rei screamed, pressing his lips to the girl's and continuing his tense speaking, "She's mine! Every inch of her! If she bows to anyone, it'll be me! I'd rather die than let you or anyone else take her from me!"

The trigger was pulled, firing a bullet in the blonde's back. Haru had no care for the pain he inflicted, only demanding that Rei get away from her. There was no hesitation as the brunette fired another shot into the male's back, making more blood dye his shirt scarlet. He demanded the same thing, but again was met with resistance, the blonde holding his stance. When Haru tried to pull the trigger again, he was met with an empty click. He sighed, throwing the gun to the side as it was useless without bullets.

Instead, he took out a knife from his pocket and placed it to Rei's throat, only for the blonde to pull the girl closer to himself, trying to protect her. Haru, noticing his priorities, instead placed the knife to the back of the girl's head, threatening to kill her. The blonde tensed and tried to grab the weapon away from the opposing male, only to stop himself when he saw it inch closer to the female.

"Let. Her. Go," Haru said one final time.

(Y/n) began to gain consciousness as she realized her surroundings were different than the hardwood floor she was choked out on. Wherever she was had a soft ground and a warm atmosphere. She found herself nuzzling into whatever had caused the warmth, grabbing at the sensation and locking her arms in place around it, sighing contentedly. She heard a small grunt coming from what she had hugged and as she opened her eyes, she saw a sleeping Haru by her side, dozing off.

The boy gave a grumble but continued to remain asleep, his arm under the girl's neck and his legs clinging onto hers. He clearly didn't want her to leave his side and though he slept, he seemed able to wake up at any moment and stop her from leaving the room. (Y/n) was far too tired to care, all of her energy exerted trying to stop Rei from choking her to death. So she just closed her eyes, trying to drift back to sleep.

In doing so, the brunette stirred and gave a large yawn, wrapping his arms around the girl and pulling her close to himself. He mumbled her name, pressing his lips softly to her forehead as he rested once more. The girl, finding herself waking up slowly, sat up and stretched her arms behind her back though Haru refused to give up hugging her. Instead, he let her drag him off the bed as she got up.

"No, just sleep with me," the brunette pouted, clinging onto her leg as she walked.

"Leave me alone," the girl sighed, "I want to take a shower. I feel gross."

Haru bit the inside of his cheek as he debated whether it was an insult towards him. He refused to admit that it was him, so he put the blame on Rei. Reluctantly, he stood up and followed her to her bathroom, only to find the door slammed in his face. He rubbed his nose, scowling at the wooden barrier between them. The brunette reached his hand towards the doorknob, only to find it locked. Thus, he knocked on the door to inform her he couldn't follow.