Chapter 14

"Hey, Sayuri wake up! It's not funny anymore OK! Wake up!" Naruto gave her some chest compressions, but her body won't budge. "Wake up! Goddammit Wake up!" this time he went mouth to mouth, without hesitation he pumped air inside her lungs, but it was of no use. The wound was too deep, but he won't give up.

"If you don't wake up right now, I swear I'll go on a date with Natsuki!!!" tears dwelled in his eyes. He had failed, just like his father. Slowly but carefully he wrapped her in a warm hug, nuzzled his nose into her neck, taking in her characteristic smell that he had grown fond of lately.

On the other hand, Nozume was still on the ground witnessing the scene, "Who's that kid? He kinda looks familiar!"

"Of course! After all, he is Naruto, your father!" Nozume's eyes widened as a lone tear escaped his eye. He tried to get back on his feet but suddenly felt a burning sensation. It was like his insides were on fire. He felt weak, and then abruptly malformed as he emptied his food along with crimson-colored blood.

'What's going o..." he couldn't finish as this time it was the only blood that escaped his mouth.

'Nozume! It looks like...., it looks like you've fallen prey to the CDS! After analyzing, I am certain that the Kunai contains the traces of CDS.'

'WHAT! HOW'S THAT POSSIBLE!!!! I EVEN KILLED MY MOTHER!!!!! DON'T TELL ME IT WAS FOR NOTHING!'

'Calm Dow...' Watari couldn't finish, 'CALM DOWN? FUCKING CALM DOWN!!!! DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO LOSE A LOVED ONE? I DON'T THINK THEY HAVE PROGRAMMED YOU TO SENSE EMOTIONS!'

'Sadly they haven't, but I have completed my analysis. I fear it is CDS,'

'AT LEAST, IT'S GONE FROM THE FUTURE? RIGHT?'

'I fear it's the opposite, I can still detect CDS in the future. Our mission has failed!'

'YOU Fucking Bullshitting with me? Huh WATARI?!'

'I wouldn't say that right now,'

A ray of hope sparkled in his eyes, 'What do you mean, explain RIGHT NOW!'

'Sure, now recall the events of the last three days. You first arrived and without hesitating for a bit chopped off Zabuza's head and knocked off his apprentice...' Nozume cut off his AI in a blink, 'GET TO THE FUCKING POINT WATARI OR I SWEAR I WILL RIP YOUR GODDAMN CHIP OUTTA MY NECK!'

'Would you just calm down and listen to me?' Nozume's silence provided the required answer as watari continued 'Then you engaged Lord- Fifth in a battle and managed to come out victorious, but what do you think your Mother, Aunt, and Uncle were doing at the same time?'

Now everything was crystal clear, 'It...it's m..my fault, CDS was designed to kill me! I am the reason for her demise!' Nozume collapsed on his knees, helpless and utterly destroyed. His eyes filled with tears and his mind went numb, his hands were moving on their own and kept punching the ground over and over again, it didn't take long for the ground to get shaded with his crimson-colored blood.

'We could still save her....' Nozume's mind perked up, his punches stopped 'How? I will do anything to save her, anything!' in an instant he asked.

'If that's the case, get ready! Because we are going back in time again,'

'But I don't have enough Chakra left for another jump! And on top of that, that CDS is slowly destroying my chakra coils!' Nozume replied but then he heard a sob, it was barely audible but his training allowed him to pick it up with ease.