Nineteen

Everyone is outside still and i'm in the living room watching all of my old dancing videos.

I used to compete a lot and I loved it, my parents used to practically drag me out of the studio, I loved it. Im still in contact with a few of them, mainly, Lexie and Lauren. They are so talented, those two auditioning for musical theatre productions and shows. All the girls are so so so nice and i hope they haven't changed, I hope the still remember who I am.

I press play on the tv remote and the video starts playing as Ryder walks into the room and he smiles at me before turning his attention to the television.

"wow that's talent" Ryder tells me sitting down next to me watching the tv intensely.

i laugh "thanks"

"that was my second to last performance" i tell him

"the dance studio we were at, got to nationals. I knew i had cancer then, i forced my mom not to tell the teachers" i tell him, "I knew they wouldn't let me dance, it could have been my last dance so I went all out"

"for my last performance, i changed it, i was 15 and changed my performance a day before the final"

"can i see it?" he asks

"yeah sure" i say putting it on the tv

What i didn't know what that everyone was watching my performance, they must have walked in as I was talking.

"I wanted it to be my best performance ever, i didn't know if i was going to live. That performance just showcased how i was feeling, like i didn't want to go, i didn't want to die, i just wanted no regrets and I wanted to fight, I was in denial and it was my outlet" i tell them.

"did you win?" Ace asks making me jump slightly

"yeah she won alright! she won miss national soloist, she's practically famous in the dance world" Jordan says and i roll my eyes

"i wouldn't say famous" i say

"oh i don't know about that, people even came up to you in the hospital" Jordan says

"really?" Ellie asks

"yeah" Jordan says wrapping his arm around her

I make eye contact with Finn and he smirks and i raise my eyebrows at Jordan and Ellie, they are getting really close, I'm just waiting for Jordan to fuck it up, that was harsh but maybe he'll graft.

"mom when do i start?" i ask

"saturday, i'll give them a call tomorrow morning" she tells me smiling

I wake up to my phone going crazy. I pick it up from beside me and i see all the text messages from the group chat.

The Theatre Bitches 🎭
Dani
AHHH WHY THE
FUCK DIDNT YOU
TELL US YOU ARE
COMING BACK

Lexi
I'm so excited!!

Adam
So good to hear your
okay again! It's gonna
be great to have you
back Holly!