Mission 14: Lost & Found

ATTENTION: Before you continue reading, I must inform you there is something I'm trying to test out starting with this chapter. It will be obvious when you see it. Please continue with your decision throughout the chapter. Thank you.

-TheDregon

No one's POV

The sound of a shotgun blast echos across the abandoned city. A now-headless Grimm drops to the ground, dead, in front of the Slayer, who reloads his Super Shotgun. Behind him, several other Grimm corpses were all scattered on the floor as they began to dissolve. The Slayer looks over his shoulder to make sure he got rid of all the monsters. Seeing none of them moving, the Slayer looks ahead of him and walks further into the destroyed city.

Slayer's POV

It's been a little over half an hour since I defeated that giant Grimm. Ever since then, not much has happened. I have ran into a couple of small groups of Grimm here and there, but I've taken care of them.

"Y/n." Vega spoke up. "I have scanned your body ever since you've defeated that one large Grimm. From what I can gather, your strength has increased by 12% and all of your wounds from that Grimm have fully healed. Do you know why this anomaly has occurred?"

I stop walking. I look down at my hands which still held my shotgun. 'Don't worry about it, Vega. I'm fine.'

"But I have scanned that your anger has-."

'Vega.' I thought coldly. 'Don't. I said I am fine. Understood?'

"...." Vegan was silent for a moment or two. As I wait for his response, the image of the hooded person flashes in my mind. "Very well. My apologies."

'Don't apologies. I shouldn't have acted like that to you. I'm just...a little stressed out right now.'

"Understood."

With that, Vega left me alone to let me do my thing. I continued to walk around the city as I kept my eyes out for that one Grimm which took my rocket launcher. But unfortunately I haven't been able to find it so far. Not only that, but I've also been looking for any signs of those missing people I was told to find. Speaking of which, I forgot how many there were and who I'm looking for.

Should I ask Vega?

================================
Choice making:

>A1. Don't say anything?<

Or

B1. Ask about the missing people?
================================

Paths:

A1.

Hmmm...it'll probably be for the best if I continue to stay silent. Don't know if Vega's upset with me or not and I probably should keep it that way.
================================
B1.

Fuck it. 'Hey, Vega?'

"Yes?"

'Do you remember how many people are missing? And what I should be looking for to identify them?'