𝙀𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

[Epilogue - The New Beginnings]

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly for the Snape-Blackwell clan. The morning of the first of September brought another change to the family, for Primrose, not baby Primrose, was starting Hogwarts. Eleven years had seemed to fly by for Genevieve, and now as she stood making breakfast that morning, she couldn't get over how much her daughter had grown. Luscious black hair cascaded down her back, just like her father, but when she smiled, she had Calista's smile. She was proud to say that those years had been the best of her life.

The house was unusually quiet that morning. It was just Genevieve and Primrose for the time being as Severus had one last errand to run before it was time to leave.

"Primrose, darling! Breakfast is ready!" Genevieve called up the stairs.

That was another thing that changed. Just as Primrose was coming up to her fourth birthday, the pair realised that maybe it was time to purchase a house of their own. And so they did, picking out the perfect thatched house, a half-mile from Godric's Hollow. Professor Dumbledore had said it was a wonderful place to live, and Genevieve couldn't have agreed more.

"Coming, Mum!" the younger witch yelled, entering the kitchen with a slump.

Noticing her odd behaviour, Genevieve put breakfast on hold and turned around to her daughter," Everything alright?"

Primrose was frozen in her spot, staring blankly at her shoes and fidgeting with her bracelets. Knowing exactly what was wrong, Genevieve sighed under her breath before walking toward her daughter, offering her a little smile.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?"  she asked gently, putting a hand on her daughter's arm.

"What if – what if I'm not in Ravenclaw or Slytherin like you and Dad?" Primrose replied anxiously.

Genevieve couldn't help but smile, crouching down to her daughter's level, "Primrose, any house will be lucky to have you."

"But what if-"

"-darling, it doesn't matter what house you're in. Even if you're placed in Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, we will be so proud of you. Maybe not so much Gryffindor, you know what your father's like."

Primrose began to giggle as she imagined how Severus would react. Seeing her daughter perk up a bit, Genevieve gave her a warm hug," Now, what do you say to pancakes, strawberries cream?"

Primrose looked up at her mother with glimmering eyes and smiled, racing over to the table as a plate levitated over.

"Did you meet Dad at Hogwarts?" Primrose asked through a mouthful of pancakes, earning a glare from Genevieve.

"No, I was a year behind him so we never really got to talk. It wasn't until I started teaching that I met Severus."

"And it was love at first sight?"