ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

[Chapter 9 - The Christmas Concert]

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Play video when told in chapter

Endless amounts of practices and sleepless nights were put in by Genevieve, preparing and rehearsing all their songs for the Christmas concert.

Everything had to be perfect for the night, that meant getting every note right with the choir, rehearsing the sheet music with the orchestra and with Genevieve being a Blackwell, a grand performance was expected, with all the bells and whistles attached.

Up to Christmas Eve, Genevieve was on top of her head, not a spare moment to converse with anyone, and this was starting to worry Severus. She didn't speak to him, she didn't even make time to pass a sarcastic remark. Something wasn't right.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Christmas Eve morning saw Genevieve scampering around, fixing every last detail. Running on an empty stomach maybe wasn't the smartest idea on her part, but with so much on her plate, she merely didn't have time.

Heading down a corridor, her nose stuck in her sheet music, Genevieve ran straight into what felt like a brick wall, falling on her arse again. This seemed to become a reoccurring issue.

"Still running into people like an insolent dunderhead Ms Blackwell?" Severus joked, giving his hand to help her up.

Gathering all her manuscripts, Genevieve had to take a moment to steady herself before replying, " I don't have time for your humour today Severus."

She turned to walk past him, but his strong arms held her back.

"Severus, I don't have time for-" Genevieve started to argue but was promptly cut off by Severus, who brought her over to a nearby bench.

"Stop, for five minutes, and breathe. You're going to give yourself a heart attack if you continue to pace the corridors like a madwoman." he took the folder of papers from her hands, placing them behind him, ignoring the scowl on Genevieve's face.

"I need those, " she indicated behind him, her answer followed by a loud grumble.

He gave her a pointed look, dismissing her arguments and heading down to the kitchen for some lunch.

"Chip, can I have two sandwiches, please?" Severus asked one of the house-elves.

Severus waited for a scathing comment on his manners, but when one failed to appear, he turned to look at Genevieve, who was still stood in the doorway.

"No snide, tardy remark on my use of common manners Blackwell?"

She gave him a harsh stare, moving over to one of the armchairs, replying, " I am capable of holding my tongue and it's Genevieve, not Ms Blackwell."