𝕋 𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

[Chapter 3 - The Secret Pianist]

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Play video when told in the chapter

Genevieve had no intention of going to her room like a misbehaving child, so she wandered down the aisles to the grand staircase.

She climbed the stairs, swimming in the memory of her childhood; the friends she had made and ones she'd lost. She reached the seventh-floor entrance and sat down in the cold steps.

It was here that her school crush
Dirk Cresswell kissed her under the mistletoe in her 4th year. Both of their friend groups had arranged from them to meet each other under the mistletoe, and you know what they say: the rest was history.

Genevieve stood up again and walked down the passageway, and stopped at a wall guarded by statues.

Here, Dirk broke up with Genevieve in their 6th year's as he fell in love with another woman. Genevieve was heartbroken and promised herself not to let it happen again.

She paced the area repeating the same thing on her head: I want to play music.
The statues moved to the side revealing a ginormous black double door, with intricate swirled patters and elegant handles.

Genevieve pushed open the doors, making sure no one was watching, before entering the hidden room. Space appeared before her eyes as the doors behind her disappeared. A full grand piano was placed in the centre of the room. The roaring fire provided a feeling of warmth and homeliness.

Walking towards the piano, Genevieve felt as though all her worries had vanished as she sat on the stool, adjusting it slightly, before delicately placing her fingers on the black and ivory keys.

She took a breath, as she began to play a familiar melody.

(Play video now)

The sound of music echoed off the walls, each key bounced back from under her fingertips. Another breath and she began to sing along with the piece.

" Dancing bears, painted wings
Things I almost remember,"

"And a song someone sings
Once upon a December."

She paused before closing her eyes letting the sounds sway thought her being, starting the chorus.

" Someone holds me safe and warm
Horses prance through a silver storm
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory"

Then, rising up an octave, she repeated the lyrics, full of passion and emotion.

"Someone holds me safe and warm
Horses prance through a silver storm
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory"

Old memories resurfaced as she continued to sing the lyrics, sentiments drawn out onto each syllable.

"Far away, long ago
Glowing dim as an ember
Things my heart used to know
Things it yearns to remember, "

Repeating the chorus, she opened her eyes.

"And a song someone sings
Once upon a December."

Lifting her hands off the keys, Genevieve let out a sigh of relief as all her built-up anger had been washed away. Playing music was Genevieve's was off dealing with stress or pent up emotions. In this serene locale, she wasn't judged or speculated. She could let out her sentiments through the sound waves created by the tapping of keys or plucking of strings. It was her "happy place". No one could take it away from her.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Absentmindedly checking her watch as she left the room, she cursed herself.' Half seven, oh well done now you've missed dinner.'

She ran down the flights of stairs, nearly tripping on the way, to find the doors to the great hall locked.

"great" she huffed to herself, turning to retire back to her quarters when a voice startled her.

"I sent a house-elf up to your chambers but they seemed to be empty. The man said stepping out of the shadows.

"Really, I must have lost track of time headmaster" Genevieve smoothly lied, trying to find a way out of this situation.

"Well, we all do that at times now don't we?" Dumbledore inquired, not believing her previous statement.

"I suppose so, I think I might just get a house-elf to send some food to my room then" she announced, walking towards the stairs.

"Before you go, if you don't mind me asking, where we're you when you 'lost track of time' as you said?" he stopped her.

'quit stalling Gen and just make something up' she disparaged herself.

"I was taking a stroll through the castle, remembering old times,"  Genevieve, admitted not fully lying.

"Very well then, I hope you won't miss dinner again tomorrow, it was absolutely delightful." Dumbledore illustrated heading back to his own personal chambers.

" No sir I'll be there tomorrow" She replied slowly making her way up the stairs.

"Goodnight Professor Blackwell" He called through the passage, wondering to himself why she would lie about her whereabouts.

"Goodnight Headmaster" Genevieve hollered, climbing the stairs to her dormitory in the teacher's wing.

Upon reaching her chambers, she whispered the password to the painting on the wall. It was one of a piano in a room full of red flowers.

"Hortus musicorum, "

The painting swung open revelling her medium-sized room. Genevieve put on her nightdress and hopped into bed, placing her wand on the nightstand.

She fell asleep quickly, her dreams full of colour and harmony, a world of her own creation.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Omg 2 chapters in one day !!
If anyone can get the password is a hella smart son of gun:)

Peace out bruh:)

Painting: