𝔼𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

[Chapter 11 - The Big Question]

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

It took time for Genevive to truly recover from the death of her grandmother, though no one knew the extent of her grievance, not even Severus who had been her rock during her suffering.

The funeral firmly showed Genevieve her standings in the Blackwell family. Adelaide, Cedar and Amaryllis stood to the right of the coffin with Genevive on her one to the left. Yet, Genevive had no energy to care. She didn't care anymore; because the only family she ever had was waiting for her arrival back at Hogwarts.

Today, Genevive was back teaching, sitting on the corner of her desks waiting for her students to come flooding in. Lo and behold, they began to fill up the seats in front of her, looking curiously at the hand mirrors placed on each desk.

"Good afternoon class" Genevive greeted them, hopping up off the desks and occupying the leather chair behind the desk.

"Good afternoon Professor Blackwell" they chorused back.

After taking the register, Genevive began the magical theory class.

"Now, today we're going to be practising the fundamentals of magic as we know it, " she noticed some student taking out their wands, " No need for your wands, you won't be needing them for this class, "

"Magic isn't just about spells and incantations, no, it's much more than that. Magic doesn't just come from saying a spell or waving your wand; it comes from inside us, " Genevieve laughed lightly at the looks of confusion on the children's faces, indicating some demonstrations were in order.

"For example, our ancestors didn't have wands to do magic, they used their wills. Let me show you, " Genevieve took out her own mirror and placed it in front of her.

"I want to change the colour of my hair. To do so, I must imagine it changing, imagine the colour I want to change to, the way it feels as the colour appears, " As she spoke, her dark locks started to shift into a bubblegum purple, shocking her students.

"Now I want you to do the same, you have the rest of the class to do so, " They took to the task straight away, envisioning the colour they wanted their hair to take.

Soon, the class became a multicoloured swap shop, except for one. Genevive went around helping the students, encouraging them as they managed to achieve the task when she noticed that one student hadn't completed that exercise.

"Is everything alright?" She asked the girl.

"Ugh, I can't do it, " the little girl huffed, pushing the mirror away from her.