《Chapter 10》

♡Nevi's POV♡

"I'm pregnant." I blurted.

"What?"

"I am two months pregnant."

Alex rose from the couch and proceeded towards me. His footsteps slow and paced. It's so quiet I could hear the AC turn on and the fridge preparing ice.

"We're having a baby?" He questioned placing his hands on either side of my semi visible stomach.

"I'm having a baby...with my husband. I'm married Alex. I'm so-"

"Married? Neveah what the fuck are you talking about?"

"I...I was married before but I signed the divorce papers but he didn't-"

"So are you getting a divorce?"

"No I still have feelings for him. And, we're having a baby. We still love each other. Alex, i'm so sorry, I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I-"

"How long?" He whispered. His left foot lifted off the wooden floors followed by his right. As he came closer, I went back farther.

"What?"

"HOW FUCKING LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PREGNANT! HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN CHEATING ON ME?"

"Two...two months. Alex I'm so-"

*SLAP!*

"YOU THINK I'M A FUCKING FOOL!"

*SLAP!*

"I STAYED WITH YOU! I LOVE YOU! I FOUGHT FOR YOU!"

*SLAP!*

*PUNCH!*

I fell to the floor as he punched me in my jaw.

"I'm sorry." I sobbed cradling my stomach on the floor.

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR FUCKING EXCUSES NEVEAH!"

*KICK!*

*KICK!*

*STOMP!*

"Please! Stop! It hurts!"

"YOU WEREN'T TELLING HIM STOP WHEN YOU SPREAD YOUR FUCKING LEGS LIKE A WHORE DID YOU? ANSWER ME! I ASKED YOU A FUCKING QUESTION!" He grabbed me by my hair off the floor and began punching me again.

With my back to the door, I started unlocking the bottom lock. I kneed him in the balls and made a run for the open door.

I decided to use the stairs as as he began chasing after me. Thankfully, people were coming out the elevator. I rushed in and closed the doors as he stuck his hand through the space, removing it before it closed. I dropped to my knees and started sobbing. I didn't have any money, my phone or shoes.

As the doors opened, I ran through the lobby, to my car, started it and got in. I kept driving and didn't look back until I got to the restaurant. I rushed inside as I felt someone staring at me and reset the alarm.

I dialed Matthew hoping that he picks up.

"Hello?"

"MATT! PLEASE COME! I TRIED TELLING ALEX ABOUT THE PREGNANCY AND ABOUT US AND HE STARTED HITTING ME SO I RAN TO THE DOOR AND DROVE TO THE RESTAURANT! I DON'T HAVE MY PURSE, PHONE, OR SHOES! MATT PLEASE COME! I'M SCARED!" I ranted into the phone with tears streaming down my face.

He said he'd be here and not to move. Before I could say okay, he already hung up the phone.

I sobbed on the floor cradling my stomach. 30 minutes later, I heard three gun shots and pounding at the front door. The restaurant phone rang scaring me out the kitchen.