↳ 12

— 12

❝ you may feel no purpose, nor a point for existing. it's all just conjecture and gloom. and there may not be meaning, so find one and seize it. do not waste your self on this roof ❞ — achilles come down  ; gang of youths

everything seemed wrong after we left paris. i felt something change.

it started with gina getting sick, constantly. then, aspen began doubting and second guessing everything about the prophecy. and now, percy won't talk to me.

because of our setbacks, we decided to dock in italy for the time being. specifically, genoa.

aspen took it upon himself to try and find some kind of medicine for gina, since we ran out a while ago.

gina herself though, stayed on the ship with percy. leaving me to explore on my own for the day.

i wouldn't call anything i'm doing enjoyable though. for the past two hours we've been here all i've done is people watch.

and try to understand why percy is ignoring me. my complaints aren't the only thing invading my mind— i also find myself awed over the scenery of genoa. it's a lovely place to sit and grovel.

i thought that after paris, percy and i would try for another "date", but instead he's avoiding me.

at first i thought i may have done something wrong. so i tried to apologize. but percy didn't want to hear it. he told me he was fine and that i just needed to focus on the quest.

which i haven't been doing at all.

maybe he's right. instead of sulking it might benefit us all if i just do i what i was prophesied to do.

i sigh as i rise up from the grass and make my way to our ship.

i don't hear anything as i enter so i assume they must be asleep. i try to be as quiet as possible as i walk into hallway leading to our rooms.

i, then, hear gina snoring and relax a bit, but i also hear a conversation. i furrow my eyebrows and walk a little closer to the room the sound is coming from. percy's.

i hear the end of a sentence before i hear what's ultimately the last thing i wanted to hear.

i hear annabeth

annabeth chase is talking to percy. i'm too wrapped up in the fact it's her to even listen to what is being said for a good thirty seconds.

i compose myself and lean closer, trying to listen in.

"i know percy, i know. i didn't mean for things to end this way, but you can't keep iris messaging me everytime you feel upset. it's a breakup for a reason, and if anything you're proving my point." annabeth says.

"i'm not just upset annabeth. you're my best friend and even though you might not understand— i still love you. i have no one else to talk to about this. please just hear me out." percy replies.

"no percy! you have to get over it on your own. i want to experience life by myself for a while. that means you not calling me everytime you're down or constantly sending me trinkets from where you've been or-" 

percy interrupts her with a, "i get it."

he then groans, "i don't know how you can just suddenly stop loving and caring for me. forgive me for finding all of this a little messed up."

"oh gods, of course i care about you. but find other people to talk to. stop coming to your ex girlfriend to discuss your breakup with her. that's just fucked up percy. i'm a human being. with my own issues. just, gods, listen, i have things to do. try and talk to someone, besides me. goodbye percy." she says.