↳ 02

— 02

❝ know you got your own shit, and all of it together ❞ — ginger ; brockhampton

"well i think if i could get railed by anyone it would be zendaya." gina tells nico.

"that's literally not what i asked." nico sighs.

"okay? but that's what i answered." gina snorts.

nico glances at his boyfriend, will, who is trying his hardest to stay out of another nico vs gina battle of wits.

i had asked them all to hang out today. and while will and i chatted away about mortal news, gina and nico were left to talk amongst themselves.

"why am i friends with you." nico huffs at her.

"you know what. fuck you." gina laughs.

i roll my eyes, "you two are so pleasant to be around."

the two of them eye me before mouthing 'fuck you'.

will sighs, before speaking.

"okay, okay. i skipped breakfast to hang out, but i have things to attend to. i have a music class soon, nico has a sparring session with some ares kid, and gina needs to get her ass over to the big house because she has dirty duty," he looks at her. "my cabin better be cleaned like it's zeus' throne."

"really? dirty duty? will, it was one prank!"

will starts to walk away, nico following.

"you can't be serious. i don't really have dirty duty. will you bitch!" her voice echos off the trees as she and my other friends disappear.

i know i'm due in the strawberry fields at any given moment, but i love the lake too much to leave.

almost everyone is back at camp now, it's the beginning of summer and a lot of people's last year.

pretty much any and everyone associated with percy jackson and his girlfriend are to be gone after this summer.

all of them off to new rome.

including aspen.

i was never close with percy, or any of the seven. i just know nico from will and that's about it.

they all seem nice though, definitely proud hero's. i'm not much of a quest girl or a fighter. i'm kinda just here.

i mean i can fight, but it's not like i desperately need to. monsters barely follow me around and oracles aren't constantly giving me life threatening quests.

i kinda lucked out, in twisted demigod way.

i look over at the poseidon cabin, having always wondered what it looked like on the inside. and as i take my innocent survey i notice percy and annabeth. at first it looks as though they're having a loving embrace. i almost turn away, but i notice how stiff annabeth is.

i step closer, just so i can hear. i perch myself behind a tree and listen.

"percy, you know i love you. gods, we've been through hell and back. but i need time for myself. we've been together so long i don't feel like me anymore. i feel like it's just us. believe me i want us, but i keep telling myself that if i just push through this, my bad feelings will go away. they aren't. we've become more of a routine. i've lost myself in our relationship. i need time to figure myself out so i can be better for you. i'll be back when it's time to go to new rome. i'll be ready for us again then." she says.

damn, she really is a daughter of athena. that's the most thought out and strategic breakup i've ever heard.

"annabeth, i don't think some time away from me will help you feel like yourself! it's our last summer here," percy is running has hands through his hair. "you're probably just stressed. please don't leave, i can't- i just, please."

my eyes grow wide.

she sighs, "i need to do things on my own, percy. i've been with you since i was a kid- and now, i dunno, i just don't think i want this. just let me have the summer to think it over." she bites her lip before giving the boy a curt hug and then walks off of the porch.

i stare at percy. he's still, shocked.

i know how it feels to get your heart broken. it's truly torture.

no one deserves to feel like that.

i head up to the strawberry fields and pick the best ones i can find. once i've gotten a basketful, i feign sick to katie.

she lets me go of course.

i walk back toward the poseidon cabin.

i contemplate turning back, but before i know it my hand is knocking on the door.

percy opens it, puts on a fake smile and says hi.

"hey we don't know eachother well but, uh, i just know you need a pick me up. i picked you the freshest, and juiciest strawberries i could find. i hope you enjoy them. uh- bye." i shove the basket in his arms, and walk away.

"thanks." he says, eyebrows furrowed.

"it's no problem. i um- hope you get better."

and then i disappear behind the trees.