↳ 06

— 06

❝ what if I'm someone i don't want around ❞

— falling ; harry styles

"i'm convinced that we need to head to cyprus. that's where most homage is payed to aphrodite. and when they talk about loves, they could either mean aphrodite's lovers, or those five meanings of love in greek." gina explains her thinking to chiron.

i'm barely paying attention. even though i say i'm dead set on getting rid of my feelings for aspen, all i can think about is the fact he's going to be with me. 

it's so stupid for me to want that. i should be pissed, not elated.

"would you mind if i got a bit of fresh air?" i question chiron.

he allows it, and i head outside. i walk all the way to the lake.

"strawberry fields?"

"hey percy."

"you okay?"

i laugh a bit.

"i guess. i just feel bad that i don't even care about this quest but the fact that i'm going to be around aspen. you're messy for that by the way."

"about that, i was thinking i could come along. it would be a help because i have been to greece before, and also because i can make sure you two never have any time alone together. i still want to help you get over him." he tells me.

"what if i do want to be alone with him? i'm so selfish to want him. but i do i want him. plus i only need three for the quest." i confess.

"well, i've never been one to follow rules." he half smiles, looking me in the eyes.

"whatever you say, ocean man." i smirk.

"ocean man? come on, strawberry fields forever is an iconic song, ocean man, is not." he smiles.

"you're right you deserve better, spongebob." i laugh.

he laughs too before it drops and he smirks. he chuckles as he picks me up and dumps me into the lake water.

"dude it's fucking cold."

"mhm, try going to alaska." he jokes.

"oh yeah, how was it there. have you met enough angry titans to last you a lifetime or do you need one more?" i say sarcastically.

"at this point i've pretty much given up on normal life," he laughed, then looks at me, "everything normal was centered with annabeth."

"don't worry percy, you two have been through so much. one breakup won't hurt. it's probably good, i mean, time apart. time apart might be good." i reason, getting out of the water.

"you could be right. where have you been all my life, strawberry fields?" he smiles.

he's got a nice smile. he has definitely grown into his looks.

"uh last time i checked? i've been at the strawberry fields, transfixed on someone who used me, and staying very far away from prophecies," i roll my eyes. "the last one didn't end too well."

"quests aren't too bad, plus you'll have your best friend and good old persus."

"okay, good old persus, but let's face it. i have no clue what to do, gina is probably going to offend some type of god or monster, aspen is just a walking hazard, and you're, well, you're barely coping with a breakup. you're trying to fix my problem instead of your own."

he sighs, "you never even told me how you found out about that. was it super obvious or something?"

"no, not really, i overheard. but i promise i wasn't spying."

"yeah, well, i told grover and juniper. they're probably going to tell jason, who'll tell nico, who'll tell will, who'll tell-" i cut him off.

"i get it. but why do you care what others think? you've accomplished a shit ton in your life, what's one breakup, that won't even last, going to do?"

he shakes his head, "annabeth was my everything. she'll always will be. that's why i want to do this quest, i need to focus on something else. i want to get back and have her waiting for me. like the good days."

"well then, you should probably help chiron and i understand this prophecy. come on, ocean man." i smile.

"go to hades."