Chapter 13: No Questions

"So.. How long have you been a gang member?"

He looked up from his soup to give me a strange look.

As I sat on the barstool across the table from him, I did my best to keep a straight face as I gazed at his bewildered state.

"Why do you want to know so much about me?"

"Well, we're going to be stuck here together for the next few days. What else is there to talk about?"

"Didn't realize that would be one of the conditions of living outside the bathroom.."

"Well, now it is. Now that I know you're not gonna.. You know- Kill me."

"There's still room for that in the plan." My breath hitched at his words as he stared me down.

I didn't know how to respond so I simply nodded my head. I moved in slow motion as I slid off my seat and backed away from the table before turning and walking into the living room. I can't tell if he's joking or serious. He looked serious..

He claimed he wouldn't hurt me. But that was when he wasn't feeling well. People change when they're body is functioning correctly.

ㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱ

Thomas's POV

I smirked at her retreating figure as she escaped to the living room.

She really is scared of me. I admit I've been enjoying this way too much.

She needs to be more cautious though. If she learns too much or gets too inquisitive.. I might have to do something I don't want to do..

My face sobered and I turned my gaze back to my half-full bowl of soup that doesn't look as appealing as it did a few minutes ago.

I threw away the soup and washed the bowl before heading back up to the bathroom where I planned to spend the rest of my day.

ㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱ

Alice's POV

I got engrossed in some random murder mystery show and didn't realize, until it was over, that the sun was almost completely down.

I looked out the large windows that lined the living room and suddenly felt like a fish in a fish bowl. Though there was nothing but trees outside.

Inspite of that fact, I turned off the tv, shut off the lights and headed to my room.

Tonight I felt alone and vulnerable.

I hadn't had any contact with anyone except my brothers and Thomas this whole week. It felt like I was the only person in the whole world, yet a cramped, claustrophobic pressure was present on my heart.

I put on some music and scrolled through Instagram. It eased the loneliness some, but the feeling came straight back when I put my phone down.

As if someone flipped a switch inside me, I started to feel as though my insides were collapsing in on themselves. As if my own emotions were crumpling me up like a thin piece of paper.

I curled into a ball and allowed one tear to fall before I dozed off to sleep.

ㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱ

I woke up in a plane.

How did I get here?

Did my brothers drug me and send me away somewhere?

I raised my head and turned to see my parents next to me. Alive and well.

My mom was reading and my dad was watching a movie on his computer.

I cried and threw my arms around my mother. Practically choking her.

She didn't ask any questions and just hugged me back, allowing her book to fall to her feet.
"I love you sweetie." She spoke into my ear. "I'm going to miss you so much." She looked at me with loving eyes

"Wait, where are we g-"
The plain shook and the oxygen masks were released.

"BRACE BRACE BRACE. HEADS DOWN, STAY DOWN." The stewardesses started to chant over and over.

My parents calmly put on their masks as if this were all part of the routine.

I seemed to be the only one freaking out. Everyone around was calm and that only heightened my nerves.

"Mom. What's happening? Are we... are we going to- to die?"

She smiled at me with watery eyes. "Yes honey. We are. But it's okay. You'll come with us this time."

Choked sobs continually escaped my lungs as I braced myself against the seat in front of me with one hand and grasped my parents' hands in the other. I closed my eyes and awaited the silence of death with tears flowing down my cheeks.

"Brace Brace br-..."

ㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱㄴㄱ

Vote and comment to see what happens next!