Chapter 26:: Coffee Date

Start from the beginning

"Really, Preet?" I sighed loudly.

"Really!"

"I don't know who you are trying to fool here but, I hope you, realise it before it's too late. Good night," I mumbled and turned away again, hoping that her words will prove my instincts wrong.

I just don't see happiness in their eyes when they are around each other, I also see something that they are probably not aware of. Something that shines too much but is not supposed to be there. Not because they are not good for each other but, because of their religions. Preet is getting married and I know she will never go against her grand father's wish. She doesn't see what I see even when they are fighting. Yes, I see concern for each other in their eyes; I see admirations; I see tears and smiles; I see love.

Love that's going to hurt everyone. Preet, Hussain, Daarji, Raj, Bani... Everyone. This feeling that Preet is unaware of right now, will eventually lead her to nothing but a life full of pain. I think its time that everyone finds out about her wedding. Maybe after knowing about her roka, Hussain will distant himself from her? Maybe this will lead them to their ultimate realisation of love. Maybe it's going to hurt them now but it will prevent their hearts from further damage.

I think its time to take an action. Even if my suspicions are wrong, there is no harm in others knowing about Preet's relationship status. That's it, I will talk to Shehry first thing in the morning. Maybe he might have felt the same way as I do?

ALLAH Ji, why does love have to be so complicated? Why can't we get everything straight and as we plan it? Like fairy tales? Pyaar mein itna dard kyu hota hai?

~~~PREET's POV~~~

One more night and all I am doing is shuffling around in the bed. The only difference is that Asmaara's words made more sense this time. She thinks I might fall in.... No that's ridiculous! Even in 21st century she believes in that 'ek ladka aur ek ladki kabhi dost nahi ho sakte'. That's just stupid. Hussain and I are just friends and I don't need to maintain a distance between him and me.

My phone buzzed just after I closed my eyes. At this hour? Everyone should be sleeping right now. There was a message from Hussain. I slide my finger across the screen to unlock it.

HUSSAIN:: Up at this hour?

How the hell does he know? I quietly peeped over to the curtains which were tightly shut. Crawling on the bed, I reached the other end of it to look at the main door. Even there I could see nothing. Is he hiding in here? Spy cam? He is keeping an eye on me?

I think I should probably ask...

PREET:: how did you know?

I sent and jumped back on the bed. "Do you mind sleeping?" A groan from my right came. Jess was sleeping peacefully. Everyone was, except me. I looked at her and mumbled a sorry before turning my attention to my buzzing phone.

HUSSAIN:: I didn't but now I do ;)

Duffer!

HUSSAIN:: too tired? Come outside?

PREET:: wait up!

I briefly looked around, making sure that everyone is fast asleep before heading out. I can't have Asmaara find out about this. I slipped out of the sliding door and instantly regretted not picking up my jacket. It's supposed to be almost summer and not freezing nights. Ugh!

I stopped midway when I saw Hussain by the shed. He wore grey sweatpants and a maroon skintight T-shirt along with a leather jacket. I found myself smiling idiotically all by myself as I watched him so lost in his phone. Deciding that he hadn't noticed me yet, I went around the wooden deck and climbed on to the shed from behind Hussain. I carefully tiptoed towards him, wanting to shut his eyes with my hands. I was only a foot away when I felt my breathing pacing up and heart pounding, ready to jump out of me. Stop it Mr heart. Go back to sleep! I mentally said to myself and reached out, excited.