drunken idiot

word count: 2905

David Dobrik was the root to all of your problems. From his goofy smile, to his infectious laugh to his cocky side, you were head over heels for the guy. I mean, most girls were too. After being befriended by the vlog squad for some months now, your feelings for David only worsened. Time after time, you tried to get a read on the David situation on whether he possibly felt the same way, but every try went to nothing. After months of the confusion, you started to be seriously annoyed by him. Not him as an individual, but just when he play flirted with you. No matter how hard you tried, your feelings for him stayed. Finally, you gave up on trying to get rid of those lingering feelings and decided to just ignore them. Deny, deny, deny. Basically, condition yourself into thinking you don't have feelings for him. Now was it working? No but you still had to try.

During this time, you had not tried to pursue any guys. This stemmed from not being emotionally available since you were head over heels for a dumbass and from the fear of getting hurt. It was easier to just blame David. To a certain extent it was his fault. He flirted and joked with you just so you always felt butterflies in the pit of your stomach. But this would be no more. You had swore off David Dobrik and decided that you would be open to other men.

While you had those feelings bubbling inside of you, you and David remained very close. He was one of your closest friends out of everyone and knew almost all of your secrets. It wasn't out of the ordinary to spend time at his house alone with him, even though that just worsened your feelings. No one knew about the way you felt for David, mainly because you knew once someone else knew, it was no longer a secret and then there would be a chance that he would find out. That's why when you were invited out tonight with everyone to go to a party, you mentally vowed that you would not stay next to David the whole time. You were going to make friends and flirt with boys without him near you. Hopefully, he would be forgotten.

As you walked into the party, you felt the entire mood change. People were smiling and laughing and drinking, all you wanted to do. Zane called for you as you saw everyone still walking in. Sighing, you turned around and waited for them to catch up.

"Why are you in such a rush?" Zane laughed as he got next to you.

"I'm just ready to be really drunk," you replied, shrugging slightly.

"Well then what are we waiting for!" Zane screamed, rushing to the drink area. People stood around drinking and talking. Music blared through speakers as you walked over and looked at your few choices for drinking. Ah frat guys and their terrible drinks. Luckily, they had some jello shots. The boy working bar smiled widely at you.

"What can I get you, gorgeous?" he asked, placing both hands against the counter and leaning over to you. He smile was truly mesmerizing and he was definitely hot.

"Um, can I have a jello shot and cup of jungle juice?" you asked, nicely.

"Well, you look way too pretty to be drinking that jungle juice. What if I offer you a couple drinks from a couple cases I bought?" he spoke, grinning as he got you two shots.

"Depends on what they are," you smiled.

"Whiteclaws and some Smirnoff ICE's?" he offered.

"Those are way better than jungle juice," you giggled.

"How about you can have as many as you like if when I'm done back here, we can dance for a little," he bargained with a big smile.

"I think I could deal with that, minus the dancing. It takes more than a couple drinks to get me dancing," you laughed.

"Fair enough. How about I'll meet up with you and we can figure out someway to get to know each other more," he winked, leaning down to grab you one of each of his drinks. You smiled and took them. He kept his eyes trained on you as you got ready to take the jello shots. After you took them both, you looked back to see the guy still smiling at you.