kiss the girl

a/n: okay I love this request because I just came back from disneyworld and I love DISNEY and DAVID

request: Can you please do a really cliche fic with David where they're watching the little mermaid and 'Kiss the girl' plays and he does because he's liked her for a long time and just fluff 🤧

summary: the magic of Disney brings out the magic between you and David

word count: 1388

To say things between you and David made no sense would be an understatement. You both had been hanging out a lot recently, not just in a group. One on one, it started off kind of awkwardly. Slowly but surely, David became more comfortable and started to sit closer to you and started to show some sort of attention. It started off with a his arm flung around your arm to him laid down and you cuddled up into him. After weeks of hanging out and some sweet words, he still hadn't initiate anything besides some cuddles, nor talked about his feelings. You were starting to get stressed about what was going on between you two. So when he asked you to come over, you gave yourself a pep talk to make sure you could ask what was going on between you two. Obviously, feelings had developed on your side, but you weren't sure what was going on inside his mind or heart.

Right as you were about to text him that you were here, he had the door flung open and stood there beaming at you in your car. Nervously, you scrambled out of your car and headed towards the door where he stood. Once your were a few feet away from him, he drew your body into his with a warm hug. You melted in your arms and let your head lay against his chest.

"I missed you," he mumbled into your hair, making you giggle slightly.

"David, I was here yesterday," you replied, nuzzling into his warm chest.

"Well, you left," he replied, pulling away after a couple of minutes. "So, I was thinking," he started, as you followed him into the house.

"I didn't know your brain could do that," you teased, making him turn around, faking an offended face.

"Don't be mean to me. I'm about to make your day," he replied, continuing to walk towards his room, which you had never really hung out in.

"How are you going to-" you stopped immediately when you saw his room. There were fairy lights scattered around the floor, and snacks were placed on his bed along with some drinks on his bedside table. You whipped around to look at him.

"I thought we could have a Disney marathon and just relax, since you've been working so hard these past couple weeks," he smiled, a slight flush on his cheeks.

"That is the sweetest thing ever," you gushed, rushing to give him another hug. "Thank you, David," you mumbled. After you let go, David rushed over and flopped on the bed, with a big smile. Shyly, you walked over and sat on the other side of the snacks.

"No, come here," he whined, opening his arms for you to cuddle into him. While you laid in his arms, he opened up the snacks while you had the remote in your hand, and you picked the movie. The Little Mermaid was your first choice. Once it started playing, David started feeding you snacks, making you laugh hysterically. The movie went on, and you laid calmly and comfortably on his chest, humming to the music as he rubbed your back up and down.

"David, thank you so much for this," you smiled, looking up at him.

"Anything for you, y/n," he grinned back, as he leaned his face closer to yours. Your heart was pounding. It was finally happening. He was going to kiss you. David Dobrik was going to kiss you. Right as he got closer, his hand came over to your cheek, and his fingers brushed against them softly. "You had an eyelash," he murmured, biting down on his lip, before turning back to watch the movie. That's when your stomach dropped. It had been almost a month of this and he still had not made a move physically or relationship-wise. Without thinking, you let out a loud sigh, and snapped your neck back to look at the screen. Your favorite part of the movie was coming soon. After Ariel had spent all day with Eric, it was almost time for the boat ride. Part of you wanted to sit up and go off on David for not kissing you, and the other part wanted to watch the movie in silence. Maybe even sleep to escape the situation. But no, you said you were going to stick up for yourself. Your mind wasn't even focused on the movie anymore as you sat up, abruptly. David looked at you with confusion. Nervously, you ran your fingers through your hair and debated just laying back down, but you stood strong.

"What is going on?" you asked, making David even more confused.

"What do you mean?" he questioned back, looking at you.

"This, right now. What is going on. It's been like a month of this, and yet nothing has happened and every time I think it's going to change, I'm just here, still with no change," you rambled out nervously, playing with the ends of your shirt. David began to laugh, only making you more embarrassed. "It's not funny. I know I'm not making sense, but it's true. I just want to know what's going on here." And when you thought this moment could not get even more embarrassing, David began to sing along to The Little fucking Mermaid over replying. He sang "Kiss the Girl" very off key. Your mouth parted as your cheeks were red with embarrassment. He just brushed it off by singing, instead of replying. Right as you were about to completely lose your mind, David tugged your body on top of his, messily. Your body was laid at a weird angle, making you look at David with an annoyed tone.

"You wanna kiss the girl," he mumbled out, with a small smile at the ends of his lips. Then, before anything else cold ruin the moment, like you going off on him, he kissed the girl. His fingers tangled into the hair at the back of your neck as he pulled as close to him as he could get you. A nervous exhale left you as he pressed his lips against yours in a smooth, world altering kiss. Shakily, your hands came to run through his hair as he kept your body pinned to him. The kiss ended almost as quickly as it began. Your mind and body were racing as you opened your eyes to see David with a big smile across his face. "I was trying to wait for an amazing moment to kiss you, and you almost ruined it," he laughed out, making your mouth turn upwards in a small smile.

"Okay, after a month of us hanging out!" you exclaimed. "Enough time to make any girl go insane," you mumbled out the last part, as David pushed some loose hairs behind your ear.

"I don't care about any girl though. It's all about you, y/n. That's why I wanted it to be at a memorable moment. Not just like any kiss," he replied, warmly, letting his hand fall to the small of your back.

"Well, you could have said that," you grumbled, biting down on your lower lip.

"Nope, I couldn't have," David replied. "I wanted to do it like this so whenever you thought of Disney or Ariel or this song, you were brought back to this moment," he whispered, making your gaze on him waver as you leaned up to press a small kiss to his lips.

"David, you really are the sweetest guy," you mumbled, against his lips.

"Sweet enough for you to want to be my girlfriend?" he asked, with a goofy grin.

"You're not going to make me wait another month before you ask me that?" you shot back, with a fake shocked expression.

"I'm going to take your attitude as a yes since there was not a no said," he chuckled.

"It's a yes," you giggled out, making him lean in to press another kiss to your lips.

"I think we should rewatch this scene, since you were talking for most of it," David teased, rewinding the scene. "But this time, every time he says "kiss the girl," I'm going to kiss my girl," he offered, looking down at you.

"He says it so much, you won't have time to breath," you laughed out, shaking your head.

"Fine by me," he whispered, before tugging you back towards him, molding his lips against your own again.