late night

a/n: so idk why but I really wanted like some angst/cute emotions coming out but like at night time???? idk

request: no

summary: a late night drive with david turns into something more

word count: 1574

There are certain moments in life where it feels like the world is against you. Months had past since you had your heart ripped out of your chest, but that wasn't even the peak of the problem. There was stress for money and college courses. It felt like no matter how much good you put into the world, it never came back to you. To top it all off, you kept this feelings to yourself. If you told your parents, they would make you move back home, which wasn't necessarily what you wanted. All your friends were so busy with their youtube's and traveling, you didn't want to burden them with that stress either. As much as you tried to hide it, one person saw through it all. David. He was always inviting you out to try and keep you from being all stressed alone in your room. He would always sweep in to save the day and save you from your own thoughts.

Tonight was one of those nights. Here you were, sitting in your head, stressed about anything and everything. David could tell just by your tone of text and how you typed that you were in that place of mind. That's when you got a text to be ready in twenty minutes. After about five minutes of you refusing, he told you he was coming regardless of what you wanted. Sighing, you got yourself somewhat put together. Leggings and a baggy sweatshirt was all he was going to get out of you. When he arrived, he slammed down on the horn, to be obnoxious. You let out a small laugh before heading out to his car. A beaming David sat in the drivers' seat. No one else was in the car, which was slightly unusual. David usually brought multiple people to help make you laugh and smile.

"Hi," you mumbled, sliding into the car.

"Hey, y/n," he said, softly, with a small smile.

"Where are we going?" you asked, trying to perk up.

"You'll see," he smiled, continuing to focus on the road ahead. He pulled into a drive thru and ordered you both some food to munch on during the drive. You tried paying, but he refused to allow it. He kept saying it was his treat to you. Sighing, you let him win.

"Thank you for the food," you smiled, beginning to munch on the food.

"I knew you were going to forget to eat," he replied, glancing over to you.

"I was not!" you argued back.

"Whatever you say," he said, in a sing song voice. He started to head in an unknown direction and you stared in confusion. After a little while, he pulled into an empty parking lot, and parked his car.

"Why are we here?" you laughed out slightly, looking around the empty lot. He shrugged in response and started eating his food. Both of you ate with music playing ever so quietly in the background. Once you had eaten enough, you glanced over to see David turned to face you.

"y/n," David said, trying to keep your attention on him. Once you looked at him, he continued, "I'm worried about you." At his words, you gulped.

"Why?" you asked somewhat nervously.

"Because you act like nothing is wrong, but you clearly are super stressed. And you're not talking to anyone about it. So I want you to know, you can talk to me," he spoke so calmly, not wanting to make you feel attacked by the words. You sat there silently for a little, staring as you played with your fingers in your lap.

"I just, I don't know," you mumbled, trying with everything in you not to cry. "I just feel like lost. You all have your lives figured out and here I am, struggling in college. My ex was a fucking deadbeat college kid and he didn't even want me. I just feel like I'm not worthy of anyone," you couldn't stop the words from flowing out of you. It felt good to let it out, but you couldn't bring yourself to look up at David. A small silence fell over both of you. Right as you were about to apologize for being so sad, David's hand grabbed one of your own.

"That is not fair to you," David said, making you glance over to him. "He was a deadbeat with no goals or aspirations, so he couldn't handle someone who has them or wants to make them better and their relationship better. He was a piece of shit. He's an idiot for not wanting you." Through everything he said, his thumb rubbed your hand. Without realizing it, a couple tears slipped out of your eyes.

"I just feel burnt out," you whispered. "And I'm tired of being everyone's second choice. I just for once want someone to care for me like I care for them. And it's not because I need some guy to fix me, it's just tiring when no one cares about you the way you care for them. I just don't even know if that's possible or if love just isn't real," you rambled out.

David's hand gripped yours tighter once you finished. "y/n, don't say that," he said, with a small smile. "You can't let one douchebag ruin your idea of relationships forever. There are guys out there that are head over heels for you and that will give you everything they can." When he finished, you tried to muster up a small smile.

"It's unlikely, but not impossible," you laughed out, still letting David's hand soothe over yours.

"That's not true at all," David mumbled.

"Yeah, cause I have a list of bachelors lining up for me," you laughed, then laughed harder because of the idea of it. He was not as amused as you were.

"Maybe not a list, but there's one guy," he spoke softly. "But he wants you to be in a good mental place before he makes a move," his words got softer each word that left his lips. Your eyes glanced up to him, looking at him quizzically. "Cause said guy has had that happen before and he doesn't need it to happen again." That's when it clicked. David. David was the guy. Him and Liza ended because she was struggling mentally and emotionally. You weren't the only one with relationship baggage.

"David-" you began, adjusting how you were sitting to look at him. Of course you had a crush on him, I mean who doesn't have a crush on David? It just never seemed a possibility. Anyone in their right mind wants him, but you knew there was no chance of that. His words stopped you own words and thoughts.

"I'm sorry, just forget it. I know this is about you," he paused to take a deep breath. "I shouldn't have told you now."

"David-I," you were stammering. No words or a coherent thought were coming to you. Just as he was going to release your hand from his grip, you squeezed tighter.

"I just don't want you to think you aren't good enough for a guy," he half heartedly smiled.

"I just, I'm surprised," you spoke. "I just never thought I had a chance with you," you admitted, avoiding eye contact. "And not that I'm not ready to try something with someone, I just am needy and a pain to be with you." Once you finished speaking, David was shaking his head in disapproval.

"You're not needy or a pain, y/n," he said, "You just ask for the minimum effort but shitheads don't even want to give that and you deserve way more than minimal effort." Your eyes trained back onto him. Another silence fell over the both of you as you both stared into each other's eyes. You felt your body slowly lean towards him and he followed suit. His hands went from holding your own, to cupping your face. "Tell me to stop if you want me to stop," he whispered as his eyes flickered from your eyes to your lips. Slowly, he started leaning in further, until there was just enough room for your lips to not touch. After a moment, you took it upon yourself to close the gap, showing your approval. Once you had your lips pressed together, you melted into his touch. Your whole body was under his control. His lips were so gentle against yours. Not needy and sloppy, just gentle and comforting. The longer it went on, the deeper it got. Your fingers were tangled into his hair, moving through a tugging ever so gently. When he pulled away, he left kisses along your jaw and down to your neck. They were soft pecks, but were enough to elicit a small whine out of you. That's when he stopped to look at you. Both of your breathing had deepened as he looked you in the eyes. "If you let me, I promise to show you how you should be treated, baby," he breathed out, caressing your cheek ever so slightly. You nodded and let your head fall into the soothing feeling of his hand.

"David, you are the best person I have ever met," you whispered.

"And you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen inside and out," he replied, with a small smile. "Tomorrow night, be ready. We're going on an official date," he said before pressing a small kiss to your forehead, leaving you smiling.

a/n: y'all I don't know okay I've just been stressed and down lately so I needed this okay okay