•C H A P T E R 7•

C A I D E N ' S P O V

Kylie and I stayed in the pool for more than two hours, let's just say our finger were beyond wrinkled. I had just finished taking a hot shower and was now getting dressed as I waited for Kylie to come out.

I opened my dresses and took out some joggers, putting them on. I then grabbed my crocs and remained shirtless. I began fixing some shirts that had fallen to the floor. When I hear the door creaking I turned around and saw Kylie coming out of the bathroom holding a towel in her hair. She looked so beautiful as she took it out and her hair fell on her shoulders. Kylie wore a pair of my boxers with one of my hoodies.

"H-hey" I stuttered.

She giggled "hi" Kylie murmured as she came towards me. She looked down at me and began checking me out. I smiled as I closed the drawer.

"Jeremiah is in the park with Thiago, are you hungry?" I asked.

"Yeah a little" she said. I nodded my head and took her hand softly leading her downstairs. I ignored the warmth that washed all over me when I touched her. When we reach the kitchen I took my hand away from hers and sighed as I felt coldness again.

"I'll make dinner" I said as I opened the fridge. I heard Kylie sitting on one of the stools behind me.

"Mac and Cheese?" I asked as it turned around to face her. She nodded her head and smiled as she watched me prepare the food. When I finished with the food I handed the plate to Kylie and sat in front of her eating.

"This is really good" she moaned when she tasted the macaronis. Kylie's phone buzzed and she sighed heavily as she looked at her message.

"I gotta go, my dad needs me" she said. She had already finished her plate which meant she was really hungry. When she went to the sink and turned on the water I grabbed her wrist and stopped her.

"I'll do it Kylie" I murmured.

"You sure?" She asked unsure. I nodded my head as I smiled at her. She returned it and placed her phone on her back pocket.

"I'll see you Monday" she said as she began to walk to the door. I followed her and saw her dad waiting for her outside. She waved her hand in the air and her father rolled down the window smiling back. He looked a bit like her, but he was too far a away so I couldn't really see him clearly.

"Bye Kylie" I said as I hugged her tightly. she hugged me back.

"Thank you for yesterday" I murmured against her skin. She pulled back and ran her thumb on the scar on my left cheek.

"Remember, it'll be over someday" she said as she walked away and into her fathers car. I sighed as I saw them drove away. She just made me so happy, I don't know why she supported me and cared about me all of a sudden. But I'm sure thankful.

***
Monday came faster that I expected. Worst thing was I had to face Aaron again today, let's just say I wasn't ready for this. Jeremiah helped me convince my mom that they had robbed me after the game and that that was the reason for the bruises. She hesitated at first but ended up believing my story.

I had so many things running through my mind that I wasn't able to concentrate at all. First, my issues with Aaron at school and all the violence that came along. Second, the fear that kept me up all night. I was afraid something bad might happen to Kylie because of me. And third, my dad was coming back from his business and I had no idea how I was gonna explain all those scars in my face. Boy, if he saw my scars in my wrists hell probably flip.

He cares about me, I know that. He's never home because his job doesn't allow him to stay in one place. But he's always here for my birthday or special occasions.

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when I heard Jeremiah yelling at me from downstairs telling me to hurry my ass up or else I'll be late. I quickly threw a white shirt, a pair of jeans and vans. I put on some shades to cover the big bruise I had under my eye and went downstairs.

When I went downstairs I found Jeremiah waiting for me I the door. He looked dead serious and I knew I wasn't gonna like this conversation one bit. I stood on the last step and waited for him to speak up.

"Listen Caiden, I'm done covering up for you. I swear if you come home with a another bruise today I will be force to tell your dad" he said.

Knowing my dad like I do he'll probably sue Aaron's parents and send him straight to jail.

"Jeremiah I can handle it myself, I'm grown up I--"

"Yeah you keep on saying that but you're still getting beaten up! So apparently you can't handle anything! Do you seriously think I don't see that you cut!?" He asked raising his voice, practically yelling. I looked down, my jaw clenched and my hands turned to fists. I felt the anger building up on me. I really had to work on that, with all those years getting nothing but violence I had developed anger issues.

"Well why do you care so much!? You're just our butler nothing else!" I yelled on his face immediately regretting those words. Jeremiah looked at me with disappointment and nodded his head.

"You're right, I'm just the butler" he murmured.

"Jer I didn't mean that" I said trying to reach him but he shook his head and avoided any contact with me.

"Just go, you're late. I have work to do" he said as he walked towards the kitchen. I yelled in frustration, walked out and slammed the door shut.

I went to my car and hopped in turning on the radio, the music so loud making the window tremble. I parked on the only empty spot on the school' parking lot and got out holding onto my backpack. I was so mad that I didn't know what was gonna happen if I saw Aaron.

I went down the crowded hallways trying to get past those hormonal teenagers that only care about gossip. I reached my class and stepped inside. I was lucky that I didn't have none of my classes with O'Connor or else I'll be dead.

The door opened and I kept my head down burying it in my hands. I felt someone sitting next to me which was really strange. Usually everyone avoided sitting, talking or looking at me since I was the 'towns killer'.

I ignored all those names they threw at me but it hurt knowing what people actually thought about you.

I put my head up and met her eyes. She stared down at me with a smirk. Kylie looked absolutely beautiful today. He hair was down falling on her shoulders, that summery dress fitted her perfectly. I couldn't help but smile at her.

I then realized the most obvious thing in the world.

I had a crush on Kylie Reynolds.