•C H A P T E R 10•

[Listen to 'Kiss Me' by Ed Sheeran as you read this chapter]

C A I D E N ' S P O V

So a week had passed uneventful. I hadn't seen Aaron, Daniel or Jason around. My father had called the school and asked them to change my whole schedule so I wouldn't have to see them in the hallways anymore. I ate lunch in my car and everything seemed to be going fine.

The only things that had me depressed was that I couldn't see Kylie either. Every time I saw her I would just ignore her and keep on walking. Not because I wanted to but because I had too. It was the best for her. She tried talking to me but I avoided her.

Aaron had made it clear that he didn't want me around Kylie and I feared that he might actually hurt her to prove a point. I didn't do this for myself, I couldn't care less about me or what happened. Boy, I was planning on ending my life soon.

Today was Friday and I had just gotten out of the gym. I was walking home on the middle of the night listening to Eminem. I saw my house on the distance and sighed. My father and I weren't in good terms. He was really disappointed in me. Not because I didn't tell him but because I self harmed. He hated that and he felt betrayed. I had risked my life and was about to leave him alone, just like my mother did.

"Caiden!" I heard that familiar voice yell from behind me. I turned around slowly only to meet her eyes. Kylie stood meters away from me. She wore a grey hoodie, a pair of dark ripped jeans and vans. Her hair was down touching her cheeks.

"Why have you been ignoring me!?" She asked as she walked towards me. Seconds later she was standing in front of me, her brows arched and hurt in her eyes.

"I gotta go" I muttered as I began walking towards my house but she grabbed my arm and stopped me.

"Why won't you talk to me? Did I do something?" she asked.

"I can't be with you, or talk to you. Okay? I'm sorry" I said as I tired to get past her but she wouldn't let me. God why does she have to make everything so complicated for me.

"Why? Just tell me!" She pleaded.

"Why do you think Kylie! Aaron doesn't want me around you, he'll do anything to keep me away from you, so no I can't be friends with you!" I said as I felt my heart shattering.

"Did he do this?" She asked as she held my injured arm. I nodded my head as I looked the other way.

"You should've told me. I would have understood, I don't want you to get hurt either" she said and as soon as she finished her sentence I looked at her, now furrowing my eyebrows.

"Do you think I did this because I was scared he was gonna hurt me?" I asked her, she simply nodded. I shook my head and laughed humorlessly "Kylie I was scared he was gonna hurt you, I've been bullied for three years. I don't care if he beats me, but I just can't let you go through that" I said. She had tears in her eyes. I just wanted to hold her and wipe them off. I began walking away towards my house and stopped on my tracks when she spoke up.

"so what? You're just gonna give up" she said as her voice cracked. Can't she understand I was doing this to protect her. I loved her. I had realized that this week. Being away from her was like losing a part of me.

She had been there for me when I needed someone, I couldn't help but fall for her.

"Kylie it's for your own good, can't you see that!?" I said turning around to face her again.

"Caiden" she murmured, a tear rolling down her cheek "I-I fell for you, I'm in love with you" she admitted. I felt the world stopping right in front of my eyes.

My heart felt like it was gonna fly out of my chest as it grew bigger and bigger. She had fallen for me... just like I had for her. I didn't care about Aaron, or my problems or anything else.

The only thing that mattered was the girl standing in front of me.

I threw the gym bag I held on my hand and walked towards her cupping her cheeks with my hands and crashing my lips to hers. She wrapped her hands around my wrists and kissed me back with the same passion.

Her lips were so soft, warm and gentle. Just like I had imagined them to be. She bit my lip and I gladly opened my mouth, her tongue darting in. When they met I felt more and more sparks flying. I couldn't stay away from her anymore, not even if I tried.

I loved her.

I loved Kylie Jen Reynolds.