Chapter 2- He Was Kind Enough To Help

An hour later, Victor finally got to the restaurant where he was meeting his fiancée tonight. Subtly fixing his suit, he walked past the reception, into the main room.

He was late. Obviously. Even with little traffic, there was no way he'd overcome half an hour's worth of road in fifteen minutes.

Several scarlet leather-covered booths were placed in neat rows with small passageways between them. Little chandeliers hung almost over each of the booths, providing a dim source of light.

Dark oak walls were covered with a variety of paintings and decorative flowers. A low hum of chatter lingered in the room, despite the fact that the restaurant was almost fully booked.

Luckily, he'd made the reservation two weeks ago, so there was no trouble with finding a good spot for them. They often came to eat there, mainly because it was quite close to where they lived.

Victor had no trouble finding his loved one, for she was sitting close to the entrance, next to a window. Her long auburn locks were let loose, falling around her light chiffon golden dress. She was dreamily looking outside, checking her watch every few minutes, visibly getting more and more impatient every time, tapping the table with her long, manicured nails.

"Katusha, sorry I'm late," the blue-eyed man quickly apologized as he approached the woman and pecked her on the cheek.

"My God, Vitya " she reprimanded him. "You really know how to keep a woman waiting, don't you?"

"Again, I'm sorry," the latter sighed, gazing at the woman's imperturbable stance. Crimson lips tight, arms crossed, eyebrows bridged, she clearly wasn't pretending to be happy.

"Look, let me make it up to you." Victor sat down across her, desperate to fix the situation before it got out of control. "I ran late because I got you these," he exclaimed proudly and showed off the flowers he'd just bought.

At the sight of the gift, Katherine's initial dissatisfaction instantly gave way to an expression of pure awe. She carefully took the flowers from her fiancé's hands and smelled them with closed eyes. When she looked up to him again, his lips were sprawled in a smile.

"This is beautiful," she whispered and kissed him on the cheek. "How did you know that lilac was my favourite?"

"Just intuition, I guess," Victor chuckled. "But, hey, that's not all!"

"What more could there be?" Katherine inquired, grinning.

"These flowers actually tell a love story," the man revealed, slightly giggling at the woman's exaggerated confused expression. "yes, you've heard me correctly, and no, I swear I'm not joking." She only shrugged in response.

"You see this...uh...purple..." the silver-haired man pointed at one of the flowers he couldn't recall the name of and looked up to the brunette for help.

"...you mean the lilac ?" she asked, a sly smile on her lips. That caught him a bit off guard since he'd quite literally just admitted that he didn't know what her favorite flower was.

"That, yes," he exclaimed, a guilty smile on his lips. "The purple lilac means 'first love'"

The lady looked somewhat impressed, yet a slight trace of disbelief still graced her smile. "If that is so, then what do these daisies and carnations mean?" she questioned with genuine curiosity.

"Ah, they speak of innocence and pure love," Victor explained, recollecting what Yuuri had told him. "Then, the chrysanthemums, my favorites, represent joy, fidelity, and long life."

"Wow..." the woman uttered with little droplets in her green eyes. "Looks like you really went out of your way for me, huh? I'm sorry I was mad at you earlier, I just didn't know..."