Prologue Part 1

I am a performer.

Yes I sing. But mostly, I dance. I have been dancing my whole life. Let me give you my story of how I became famous. It all started on August 4, 1998. My second birthday. My family and I live in New York, USA. They gave me a small blue box for my birthday. Inside it, was my future, a pair of two pink ballet flats. 

I went to classes. My mom, Lee Hyejun, and dad, Lee Kyungjae, kept me in those classes for as long as I enjoyed it. When I turned four I started doing some tap on the side. When I was eight I fell in love with hip-hop. (Missy Elliot and Usher were my favorites) At 14 I excelled in all my classes. I earned a scholarship to a fine arts school, specifically Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts. Yeah, I know right! I was doing mostly ballet and hip-hop. I even tried to break dancing with some friends for fun.

When I'm not dancing I'm normally at the doctor's. I struggle with hypermetabolism. I am skinny. Too skinny. I have to go in sometimes and get an I.V. just to stand. And I have to eat a lot. No one understands me. Girls tell me I'm lucky. How am I lucky? I don't have hips or boobs. No one asks me out. 

When I turned 15 I died my brown hair bright, vibrant blue. I love it. My mom though, is pissed. My parents work in cosmetology. My mom doesn't think people should put harmful chemicals anywhere near my face. My dad doesn't care. He travels for work too much to care.

When I turned 16 I was invited to represent my school at a global fair in New York. Well, me and another girl named Katherine Gibbs. She is blonde, tall, and curvy. She is my opposite. But, as for dancing, I am top of my class. 

We are doing a dance to Missy Elliots, Work It. And man did we.

We started off facing away from the crowd. The intro played and we, in sync, started with the Humpty dance. (This is a 90's inspired dance to a song made in 2006 but who cares!) And then we turned around and started the butterfly. Smoothy after, an arm wave, transitioning into a criss-cross. We then repeated that cycle once more, it's a short and simple intro. When the chorus plays we move into a combo of dip-steps, chest pops, pivots, and of course, some dougies. We then went back and forth, almost like a dance battle but coordinated. I pulled some tricks from my breakdancing class like windmills, headspins, jackhammers, baby spins, and a flare. The crowd went wild. There is a little bit more but, the finally was epic. I ran 1/3 of the stage and jumped over Katerine attempting kitri's grand jete. Which I nailed. Who said ballet didn't belong with hip hop?

We ran off the stage and hugged our instructors. They were so proud. The hosts of the fair could barely calm the crowd down. I went to get a hotdog because it was so hot outside and I was wearing a jacket. I wrapped it around my waist. I was only wearing a tank-top and my arms were showing. They look like twigs. The guy who gave me a hotdog was staring but I was too hungry to care.

On my way to an empty table, a stranger approached me. He was very good looking. 

"Wow, that was awesome!" The stranger said.

"Thank you," I said with a gracious smile. I feel at home when dancing and people complimenting me felt weird. I always dance but I rarely do any shows. I like being in the quite.

"You should come to watch me next!" He said with a smug look.

"Yeah, sure I replied." I really wanted to eat. I might faint if I don't. 

"I have to get ready," He said. This was kind of an awkward conversation. I'm sure he feels it too.

"By the way my name Kim Namjoon. I mostly sing but, my friend asked me to be her partner."

"Cool," This is weird.

"My name is Lee Y/N. Nice to meet you Kim Namjoon." I offered my hand.

"You too." He shook it and got on with his day.

I let out a sigh and ate my hotdog. Man, it tasted so good for being only two dollars. But, it couldn't distract me from that man's face in my head.

A/N

This is my first fanfic. Be nice T.T I know this chapter was shorter than I planned but I'm splitting it up because it was insanely long lol.

E/N

I don't' have one lol. ~*.*~   <-dancing