documents 201, 202, 203

Start from the beginning

Eventually even that stopped and the fisheries in Tuckamore Bay was done.

Now, most of the men in the village work out of town until the fall, when they return. At least once the snows come, they can use snowmobiles to trap and hunt and get wood to heat their homes.

Electricity here is very expensive, so most homes still have fireplaces, wood furnaces and even wood stoves. And you have experienced what the cell reception is like and as far as the internet goes, there are third world countries that have better service."

Matty sipped on her beer.

"This village is like taking a step back in time."

"What about tourism?"

Matty laughed.

"How? The local motel has 4 rooms. Not exactly 5 star service. The village gets the scattered tourist or fisheries officer, but that is about it. We do get some day traffic, but the people usually just picnic at Sandy Cove and leave again."

Bill seemed surprised.

"But it is so beautiful here. I am surprised that no one has invested any money here."

Matty smiled a sad smile.

"Well that is what we are all hoping you will do."

Bill shook my head.

"I sympathize with all that is happening here, but I am still in the dark here, Matty. I just wanted to buy the lighthouse."

Matty continued to smile.

"And that is basically what you are buying, Bill. 

Its just that the extra documents, 201, 2 and 3, stipulate the rest of the buying agreement."

"And if I don't want to sign the other documents?"

Matty shrugged.

"Then the sale will be null and void."

Bill sat forward.

"So what you are saying is that unless I agree to these other documents, that I had no idea about, then I don't get my lighthouse?"

Matty simply nodded.

"I could be wrong here, but this almost seems like blackmail."

Matty walked toward Bill, shaking her head.

"No. Not at all."

She sat on the coffee table in front of Bill.

"Lets just look at it as a pleasant addition to the purchase of the lighthouse."

Bill sipped on his beer, staring directly into Matty's beautiful blue eyes. He almost wished that the situation was different and he didn't feel like he was trying to be coerced into a situation he had not agreed to.

He decided to let the pretty redhead finish.

"So. What else will I buy, if and this is a huge if, I agree to this blackmail scheme."