Chapter Fifteen

Veronica's POV

It's Monday. And I have to go back to school and see Jughead again. This is great! I mean, we both did say we weren't going to speak about this again. But I did. I only told Kevin. Just as I was about to walk into the students lounge, I was pulled into an empty classroom.

"What the hell?" I said. I looked at Toni who shut the door. Her, Cheryl and Kevin were all in here. I sighed. Don't tell me Kevin told them!

"You like Jughead Jones!" Toni squealed. I looked at Kevin.

"Seriously?!" I asked him.

"What? They knew I knew something and I just had to tell them!" He defended.

"Yeah, good for you, great!" I said sarcastically. I sighed and looked at the two girls. "Yes, I do, but you can't tell anyone." I told them.

"Yeah, of course!" Toni said. I looked back at Kevin.

"Did you tell them everything?" I asked. He looked down. "That's just great!" I looked back at the girls. "You can't tell anybody!" I said and left.

I'm not mad that Kevin told them just that he didn't tell me he was going to tell them. I should've known when he said he was going to their place. I just hope they can keep their mouths shut!

At lunch, Kevin, Betty and Jughead were at sitting together. I can't sit there. Not anymore. I guess I'm sitting with Cheryl and Toni from now on. Jughead looked at me. We just looked at each for a few seconds then I walked away. What the hell?

"What was that?" Toni asked as I sat across from her and Cheryl. I looked at her.

"What was what?" I asked her. Thry both smiled.

"That intense staring." Cheryl said. I rolled my eyes.

"It was nothing. I don't even know what you're talking about." I told her.

"Oh, please. You and Jones were looking at each other like nobody else was here." Toni said. I sighed.

"I wasn't looking at Jughead and he wasn't looking at me. Now, can we stop talking about this? I don't need anybody hearing!" I told them.

"Okay, okay!" Toni said. They both started laughing quietly. I rolled my eyes.

"I might just eat alone." I muttered. "I knew Kevin would tell you guys and you two would make it a big deal."

"We're not making it a big deal. You're the one still talking about it." Toni said. I sighed and looking down, smiling a little. "You're smiling!"

"I am not!" I said, trying to hide my smile.

"Mhmm, keep lying to us." Toni said. I sighed.

"Shut up!"

I can't be falling for Jughead Jones! I can't be falling for anybody really. I've been hurt by so many people. This includes Jughead. And Archie. And Betty. And basically everyone I know. I don't trust people anymore.

Jughead's POV

When Veronica and I looked at each other, I felt something. Something more. I looked Betty, who wasn't paying attention. Then to Kevin who is looking at me with a smile on his face. I shook my head. He nodded.

"Do it!" He mouthed. I shook my head again.

"No!" I mouthed back to him.

"Come on!" He said outloud. This caught Betty's attention.

"What?" She asked. I sighed.

"Dammit, Kevin!" I muttered. "It's nothing, Betty." I told her.

"Okay?" She said. "Well, I'm gonna go. Bye." She said and left. I looked at Kevin.

"Really? Keep it down!" I said.

"Why don't you just talk to her?" He asked.

"Because the stories not so simple." I told him. He sighed.

"What's the story?" He asked. I sighed and told him the whole story. Starting from the first text to the very last text. And about my feelings for her. He told me I should just ask her out.

"No! If only you saw the messages I got. She doesn't trust anyone, Kevin. She's given up on love! Trust and love are the two things things lost from everybody." I told him. He sighed.

"And you say you like her, right?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I do. Like fucking crazy!" I told him. "I never thought that I would ever end up liking her, but I did."

"Then, help her trust again. To trust you." He said. I shook my head.

"No, she'll never like me back. Just leave it be!" I said. "I'm going to class." And I left.

I would really like to ask her out, but she wouldn't say yes. Because she doesn't like me back and because of her love and trust issues. I want to help her trust and love again. I want her to trust and love me. I want to trust and love her.