Part Twenty-One

Veronica's POV

"Why did you want to meet so fast?" I asked Jughead as I sat down. 

"I just wanted to talk,"

"That's what Betty said you wanted to do,"

"What? You were talking with Betty?"

"Yeah, she and I are still friends. Also, I'm sorry. I told her we were together." I apologized.

"You really told her? How did she react?" He asked.

"She was fine with it. Well, I didn't really tell her more so she figured it out,"

"And what did she say exactly,"

"That she didn't care. She wanted us happy and if we are happy together then she's happy,"

"She didn't say that,"

"Not those words exactly but close enough,"

"What else did she tell you?"

"Nothing,"

"Really? Nothing?"

"Yeah,"

"Tell me what else she said,"

"I can't! That is something between me and her only. Besides, this isn't what you wanted me to come here for. Why did you want me to come here?"

He sighed.

"What is it?"

"I've been thinking," oh god. "How come very little people know about us?"

"Probably because we go to two different school. We don't necessarily have the same friends. Maybe a few people. Also, we're in out finally year of highschool and it's almost over. We've been together for a little over a year."

"So, what? You plan on going to college and still nobody knows about us?"

"Stop saying nobody knows. My parents know, Betty knows."

"Three people, really?"

"Look, I'm sorry this isn't how you want it to be. I didn't think it would be like this."

"Are you scared of what people will think? You think they'll wonder why the spoiled rich bitch is with the outcast loner from the wrong side of the tracks?"

"Spoiled right bitch? I haven't heard that name in a while considering you're the only one who called me that."

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that I just want people to know you're mine,"

"And I get that it's just... I don't think I'll ever be good enough for you and I think people know that,"

"But you are good enough. I don't care what everyone will think,"

"You're the one who brought old names from when we hated each other,"

"I said I'm sorry," I smiled. "What? Why are you smiling?"

"I have never hated anyone as much as I hated you, but I have also never loved someone as much as I love you."

"I don't understand what you're saying,"

"I'm saying is you're the only person who I've trusted in a long time. The only person who seems to care about me. Then again nobody can care about me more than my mother. You know you're not beating her,"

"I know," he laughed.

"I just don't want to lose you, too."

"You're not going to lose me,"

Just then my phone buzzed. I sighed.

"What?"

"It's nothing. Nothing important. I'll deal with it later."

"Okay. Well, it's getting late. Let me take you home." I nodded. "You know you said I love you,"

"What?"

"When you said how much you hated me then changed to how much you love me. You said, 'I love you'."

"Did I?" He smiled and nodded. "I'm sorry,"

"Why did re you sorry? There is nothing to be sorry about. You love me and I love you, too." I stopped walking and sighed. "Unless, it's too early for you."

"No. No, it's not. I'm just processing the fact that you said that."

"Oh, arenyou okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just nervous,"

"Okay,"

He took me home and it was quiet. My mom never told me she was leaving. Unless she's asleep. Which isn't likely. He stood outside the door.

"You going to be okay?" He asked.

"Yeah,"

"Then, I guess I'll leave you to it. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah,"

"Good night," and he took a few steps.

"Hey, wait." He looked at me. "Can you come in for a minute?"

"Uhh, yeah, sure." He walked inside and I closed the door. I quickly pulled him into a kiss. It slowly became more sloppy and passionate. He pulled away.

"Are you sure you want this?" He asked. I nodded.

"I haven't been more sure about anything in my life. Please," he nodded and kissed me again.