Chapter Thirteen

Veronica's POV

I really need somebody to talk to about this. I can't go to Betty because this is her ex. I can't go to Cheryl and Toni, they don't know how to keep their mouths shut. Who would I talk to? Kevin! I quickly texted him.

Kevin

V: Hey, can we talk? I need to tell you something. It's really important.

K: Sure where do you want to meet?

V: Can I just come over?

K: Oh, this is really important then. Yeah, absolutely

V: Thanks! Be there in a few minutes.

And I quickly left. When I got there, it was almost nine in the morning. I knocked and he immediately opened the door.

"Is everything okay?" He asked. I sighed nervously.

"Not really." I mumbled.

"Come in." He said. "What is it? What wrong?" He asked.

"So you know Archie and I broke up." I said. He nodded.

"Yeah, everybody does." He said.

"Yeah well, about a month after, I texted someone thinking it was Betty... but it wasn't." I told him. He nodded. "It a was random guy who I ended texting for a few months."

"How long is a few months?" He asked. I sighed.

"Almost five months." I mumbled. He looked shocked for a second.

"Five months?! Do you at least know who it is?" He asked.

"I only figured it last night." I mumbled again.

"Last night?! Who the hell is this?" He asked, worriedly. I sighed.

"Calm down, Kevin! I'm getting there, okay? We got to talk to each other more. We never used our real names. I said Ice Queen and he Serpent King. We called each other Queen and King for months... and I slowly started falling for him. Which I should've. I don't believe in love anymore, Kev." I told him.

"Okay, keep going." He said.

"He asked me one day what I would if I were to meet him. I made him answer first. He said he would tell me how beautiful I am." I said with a smile.

"What did you say back?" He asked, genuinely interested. I continued to smile.

"He then asked me again, what I would do or say. I said that I would kiss him." He smiled. "And to be honest, I still would. Even after finding out who it was." I told him.

"Who was it?" He asked. I sighed.

"We realized we lived close to each other. Like really close." I told him.

"What do you mean by 'really close'?" He said. I looked down.

"I mean, he lives here. In Riverdale." I told him. He looekd at me with wide eyes.

"Are you serious?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, we met last night... at Pop's. We said to meet at seven. I waited for thirty minutes he never came. Betty and Jughead were there, but Jughead was there before me and Betty came after me, but immediately left. Then, Jughead came and started talking to me whic was weird because he hates." I said. He nodded.

"So you never figured out who it was then." He said, disappointedly. I shook my head.

"I'm not finished. Jughead asked why I was alone. I told him I was stood up because I  was. I asked him and he said was stood up to. He decided to text the girl and ask where she was. Then, what happened next surprised the both of us." I mumbled.

"Who was the girl? Do you know?" He asked. I looked down and sighed. Then, looked up at Kevin again.

"The girl was me. Jughead was the guy I was texting. When we figured it out we just left Pop's without looking back. I started liking this person when I didn't know who it was. I said I would kiss him Kevin!" I said. He smiled.

"And how do you feel now. After finding out who it was?" He asked.

"I still feel the same way, but I think the feeling is stronger now." I said. His face lit up.

"I always hoped this would happened!" He said, excitedly.

"What?" I asked him, confused.

"I always knew either you or Jughead or both of you would start liking the other." He said, happily.

"Kev, calm down! He doesn't even like me back. I know he doesn't. His face showed it when he heard my phone go off last night." I told him. He sighed.

"I'm sorry, Veronica. I bet likes you, he's just to afraid to admit it." He said. I scoffed.

"You would really think that? Why?" I asked him.

"Because one, he's a guy. And two, why do you think he's always ignoring you or saying shit to you. He likes you, duhh!" He said. I laughed.

"You know, I could believe you, but I don't. I even thought he liked me before he even knew me. I wish I could go back to when he was just begging to meet me and I kept refusing. At a time when he had no idea it was me and I had no idea it was him. It was easier than this. Liking him knowing it's wrong." I said.

"Well, why is it wrong?" He asked.

"Because since I know who he is, Betty's ex. I can't do that to her. And I'm not gonna get heart broken again. He's hurt me already with his words towards me, Kevin!" I said. He sighed.

"Should I talk to him?" He asked. I quickly shook my head.

"Hell no! I don't need him knowing I like him. He'll probably say something about it to me and I don't need that." I mumbled. It went quiet. "Can I stay the night here? Just incase I need to talk to somebody." I asked. He nodded.

"Yeah, of course. Anytime. Do you want something from Pop's?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes please." I said. He chuckled.

"Do you want me to get or do you want to go with me." He asked.

"You can go get it... by yourself. I'll just stay here." I said.

"Alright fine. I'll be back." He said and I nodded.

"You better hurry." I said and he left. I'm glad Kevin knows at least. I can trust him with not telling anybody. Especially Jughead... and Cheryl and Toni. And Betty! Basically everyone. This is not how this should've gone.

*****

I've been completely obsessed with this story and I don't know why. But I got to say, I do enjoy being obsessed with it. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!