Chapter Three

Veronica's POV

I woke up to my alarm. I hate this. I don't want to get up. I turned it off and grabbed my phone. I had a text. From the Serpent King. I rolled my eyes when I saw his name.

Serpent King

S: Goodmorning

I don't know why, but I smiled when I read this.

V: Morning

Is all I could come up with. He texted back pretty quickly.

S: How are you this morning?

V: Tired. I just woke up and I don't want to get out of bed.

S: I'm sorry. Sorry to cut this conversation short, but I gotta go.

V: Okay

S: I'll text you later okay

V: Okay

I then put my phone down and started to get around for the day. I still hate that I have to go to school today. At least tomorrow's Friday.

I found Betty, Jughead and Archie in the students lounge. Fuck! I went and sat on the other side of Betty. I looked at her and she looked at me. I glaced at Archie and she just shrugged.

"He came upto us." She whispered. Him and Jughead were in the middle of a conversation. I sighed and looked at Archie. Then to Jughead. He looked at me and rolled his eyes, looking away. I got up and started to walk away.

"Hey, I'll be right back." I heard. "Hey, Veronica. Wait up!" It was Archie. Oh, come on!

"Leave me alone, Andrews!" I said.

"Wait. Hang on. I would like to talk to you." He said.

"Well, I'm not interested in anything you have to say." I told him. He grabbed onto my arm to stop me. I rolled my eyes and looked at him. "What, Archie?!" I asked, annoyed.

"I need to talk to you." He said.

"About what?" I asked.

"About us." I rolled my eyes. "I miss you, Ronnie."

"No. We're done, Archie. You made that pretty clear when you broke up with me and when you confessed to cheating on me. And for seven months, Archie! How did you keep it hidden that long? I actually don't care! We're over! I don't love you anymore!" I said and walked off. It felt good to say that. When I looked back at him, he was looking at the ground. I smiled a little then walked off.

The day went on with Archie ignoring me. Good. I really don't want to talk to him. If I had it my way, I wouldn't even be seeing him. I wish I didn't have to. He hurt me and I hate him. I just couldn't wait till the day was over.

When I got home, it was quiet. I sighed and started homework. I finished at around fine-thirty. I looked at my and I had a text from Betty.

Betty

B: Do you want to meet at Pop's? I promise I won't leave you to yourself again.

V: Sure. You better not stand me up a again!

I said as a joke.

B: Very funny. See you in ten?

V: Yeah

I then left for Pop's. I left now because I wanted to be there before her. When I did get there I was there first. I waited about five minutes for her. In the time I got another text. At first I thought it was Betty telling me she couldn't make it again. But it wasn't.

Serpent King

S: How was your day?

V: It was good and bad. I'm just waiting for my friend right now. You?0

S: It was like any other day. Boring as fuck.

V: I get that.

"Hey, Veronica." I looked up and saw Betty. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Look who didn't stand me up again." I said Jokingly. She just laughed and sat across from me. My phone buzzed again. "Oh, one second." I said and looked at my phone.

Serpent King

S: Question

V: Yeah?

S: How long will it take for you to trust me?

I sighed. "What is it?" Betty asked. I shook my head. "Nothing."

V: Well, if you go back and reread the message that was ment for my friend you'd realize that I'm not trusting anybody anymore

S: I know. But I would never do anything to hurt you

V: I couldn't trust you even if I wanted too. I have no idea who you are.

S: I understand that. I will get you to trust me, I promise I wouldn't do anything to hurt you.

V: You'll have to earn my trust

S: I will and I don't care how long it takes.

V: That's sweet

"It feels like you are more on a date with whoever's you're texting then hanging out with your bestfriend." Betty said. I looked at her.

"Shhhh. Give me a minute." I said and smiled, looking back at my phone.

S: I'm sorry you've been hurt so badly. I wish I could help you

V: Thank you, King. That won't change anything though.

S: I know and makes me sad.

V: Okay, well I have to go. My friend is here. I'll text you another time

S: Yup! Bye, Queen.

I smiled at put my phone down. I looked at Betty.

"Okay, what did you need to talk about?" I asked, still smiling.

"Why are you blushing?" She asked.

"What? I'm not blushing!" I said and looked down a little.

"Yes, you are! Who were you texting?" She asked.

"Nobody!" I said.

"Mhmm, I'll figure out who it is." She said.

"You can try." I mumbled and we just talked for a while after that. With her trying to convince me to tell her who it was. I can't tell her because I have no idea who it is.