Part Twenty-Two

Veronica's POV

I woke up to my alarm. I sighed and turned in off immediately. I just turned over and cuddled into Jughead. He wrapped his arms around me.

"Its Monday," he said.

"So?"

"That was your alarm to get up,"

"Can't we just skip today? I mean, how much will it hurt?" He sighed. "Exactly,"

"So you just w as not to skip today and be questioned by all your friends tomorrow?" Now I sighed.

"Damn,"

"You know I'm right,"

"Its worth it," I said and climbed on top if him.

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to get you to shut up," I kissed him.

"Let's just go,"

"Yeah, go a entire day without seeing each other,"

"I hate you,"

"You said I love you last night. A lot,"

"Don't use that against me,"

"Oh, but I just did. Now shut up and kiss me. I said and he did just that.

"What is happening here?" I turned saw Cheryl and Toni standing at the door.

"How long have you two been here? How did you even get in?" I asked.

"The door was unlocked," Toni said. "Anyway, that didn't answer her question." She smiled.

"Well, I think it's pretty obvious so if you two could just go away I'd greatly appreciate it,"

"Oh, my God!" Cheryl said. I just smiled and looked away from them.

"You know, Cher, I think we should leave them alone. They seem pretty busy,"

"I'll be sure to tell our teachers that you're sick,"

"Don't say anything!" I said. They laughed as they walked away. I looked at him. "Now I definitely don't want to go. I'll be bullied by them all day,"

"Well, I guess we don't have to. If you really don't want to." I smiled.

"Thank you," and I climbed on top of him again.

We spent the whole day in bed until we heard the front door open again. I looked at phone and it was 2:30. Only 45 minutes before school was supposed to end.

"Who is that?" He asked.

"It might be my mom. Hush!" I said, getting up and putting my clothes on. "Get up!" He got up and I threw his clothes at him. "Get into the closet," I said because I heard my mom walking closer to my room. I climbed into bed and the door opened.

"What the hell are you doing home? You're supposed to be in school." She said.

"I wasn't feeling well so I stayed home." I lied.

"Mhm,"

"Do you need proof or something? Cheryl and Toni came before school. They left because I wasn't feeling well,"

"Where is he?" She asked.

"What?"

"I know he's in here. Where is he?" I sighed.

"In the closet," she walked over to the closet and opened the door.

"Hi!"

"Hi," he said uncomfortably. I tried to hide my smile. She looked back at me.

"Never again will this happen,"

"Got it," I said.

"I don't even want to know what's been happening," she said while walking out. She shut the door.

He came and sat next to me. We both started laughing.

"Why would you tell her?"

"She knows when I'm lying,"

"I guess my place would've been better, huh?"

I nodded.

"Maybe," I said and kissed him. He pulled away.

"Your mom catches us and you want to keep going," I shrugged.

"Sure, why not?"

"You got some problems,"

"That's nothing new," I said and pulled him on top if me again.