Part Twenty-Five

Veronica's POV

"Great," I muttered and walked back to the overly crowded space. But the moment I did I ran into someone and I dropped my phone. Whoever I ran into bent down to grab it for me. "I am so sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." I apologized.

"It's fine. I wasn't either." He said and handed me my phone. I looked up at him and froze.

"Oh my God," I whispered. 

*****

"Oh," Jughead said. "Hi,"

"Hi," I said. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I could ask you the same thing," he said. I sighed.

"I'm here for business. Your turn,"

"I'm a writer. I've published three books actually,"

"Oh, that's good. It's working for you," It was starting to really awkward between the two of us. "Uh, I better get going."

"Yeah," he said and I walked away from him. I eventually found Cheryl. Or she found me.

"There you are. Where the hell were you?" She asked.

"I was hiding," I said. 

"Oh my God!" She said and walked off. I let out a small nervous sigh.

"You okay?" Toni asked. I nodded.

"I'm... fine," 

"You sure?" I just nodded.

Once it started getting late everyone started leaving and I couldn't wait to get home. Cheryl, Betty, and Toni had already left. I just stayed a little. I don't know why I just did. I opened my car and started putting my stuff inside.

"Hey," I looked over and saw Jughead again. I looked around to see if anyone was nearby. Nobody was. I sighed and walked over to him.

"Hi,"

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to bother you it's just been a while. I just wanted to know how you've been. I'm not stalking you or anything," I smiled. "Okay, forget I just said that. I'm sorry,"

"Nope. You're fine," I said. "Anyway, I am fine. I've been okay. A little stressed lately, but overall okay. How about you?"

"Same. Super stressed all the time," he said. We laughed. "Oh, it's getting late. I'm sure you're wanting to get home. It's been a long day."

"Hey, how about you and I meet up sometime soon? Just call me anytime and tell me when you're free." I told him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I mean, it's been seven years. We haven't seen each other since we graduated. Let's catch up a little," 

"Uhh, yeah. Sure, okay." He said. 

"Okay," I paused for a moment. "Or how about-" I stopped.

"What?"

"No, never mind. Call me anytime," I said and started to get into my car.

"No, what were you going to say," he said.