down at the cove

Unfortunately the next weeks were not so romantic. There was so much to do. Charlotte drove home and there she waited longingly for Sidney, who, after having contacted her father by letter, obtained the necessary papers to finally marry her in Willingden with her family.

They spent the wedding night alone in the hotel in Sanditon, but Charlotte was so exhausted by all the events that she fell asleep in her husband's arms before they even reached their room. She was terribly ashamed to fell asleep in their wedding night, but Sidney assured her that they did not have to rush anything and had all the time in the world.

The construction of their house took longer than expected and as there were many visitors in Sanditon, they could only live in Trafalgar House under one roof with all the others. It was an ordeal. Every bit of togetherness was disturbed by someone. So it remained with furtive kisses, secret touches and longing looks.

"If I don't see you alone soon..."

Sidney whispered in her ear when he stopped her from going into the dining room where Mary was waiting with the tea.

"We're alone every night,"

she whispered and, remembering the nights they spent together, she blushed and closed her eyes. How he cared for her. With his eyes and hands, slowly exploring her body.

"I don't mean that, Mrs. Parker."

he smirked into her skin, and she gasped in the air as he sucked tenderly on her soft skin under her right ear. He then kissed her neck slowly until she trembled with arousal, but before he could do what he wanted, he pulled her into the room and placed her on her chair. He slipped her a little letter and then looked at her with such an intense look that Charlotte thought her clothes were burning.

After a moment he said goodbye and walked out the house, to prepare the picnic he arranged for them. He also wanted a swim in the cold ocean, to clear his mind and cool down his body, before he could met her again.

Sidney desired Charlotte with every fiber of his being, but he wanted them to meet in silence. To enjoy and savour her sensual awakening before he lost himself completely in her. Charlotte was capable of making him lose his mind. Every night when he came into their room, she lay in their bed like a precious gift. Temptingly sensual like a forbidden fruit, she awaited him. And each time he thought he was sullying her freshness and innocence by touching her. It was as if he was doing something forbidden, even though they were married now.

He often put the brakes on her brisk curiosity. He didn't want the whole house to know about their lovemaking. This belonged only to the two of them. But to be so close to her and yet not close enough was torture. Like all that time after they first met at the cove. His body was on fire and his mind had the most forbidden thoughts, so he had to take a bath in the cold sea, just like before the wedding.

Charlotte opened the letter, her cheeks were immediately glowing in anticipation of what he had planned for their secret meeting.

When she arrived down at the cove, the feelings overwhelmed her. He had set everything up just as he had on the night of their engagement. Blankets and pillows, candles and torches, but they weren't lit yet. She scanned the place and saw his clothes at one edge of the blanket, beside the picnic basket. Her mind went blank. The heart in her chest hammered. Her gaze wandered over the sea. As her beautiful husband rose from the water like a deity from a Greek myth, she had to swallow.

The evening sun made every inch of his skin shimmer golden. His body, sculpted like by a master of art, radiated strength and calm as he slowly rise from the waters. Charlotte belived she never saw anything more perfect. He was breathtaking beautiful.