full of hope

Both stared at each other in shock.

Oh! Oh, no! So he didn't want to ask the question of all questions. He did have a plan, he had it all figured out! Tomorrow the sky should be clear. No clouds. Sidney opened his mouth to say something, but then stared in embarrassment at his hands, which almost touched hers.

Charlotte's heart was pounding, she hoped he would ask her, she couldn't stand the unspoken promise between them. But it was a little surprising. The sand from before on the beach still tickled her scalp.

"I just...I would...I..." he stuttered, but before he could form a clear thought, they heard a startled gasp from the door.

"Sidney!" cried Mary. Her eyes wide open.

She hadn't said anything earlier on the beach, but he wasn't allowed to sit on the floor in Charlotte's room. Alone. She couldn't not approve that. Charlotte jumped up immediately.

"Mary!" she cried and her cheeks were burning.

"I just..." Sidney pointed to the book, put it in Charlotte's hands after he got up. They looked at each other and there was so much feeling in his eyes that it started to tingle in her stomach. Mary cleared her throat until Sidney turned around.

„Yes,...well, I ahh...will go."

he pointed to the door and walked out of the room. At the doorframe he turned back to Charlotte and glanced briefly at his letter before he disappeared. Charlotte still felt the heat in her cheeks and gave Mary a embarrassed look.

"Charlotte."

"Yes, Mary?"

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked with a smile.

"No, everything's fine." she smiled shyly.

"All right. If you need me, I'm here for you."

"Thank you, Mary."

In the parlor Sidney paced through the room until he heard Mary coming down the stairs.

"Sidney!" She looked at him while shaking her head.

"I know what you're going to say..." he tried to calm her down.

"I could have been one of the servants!" she said with angry concern.

"I know, but I..."

"Her reputation!"

"I know, Mary, ..."

"What were you thinking?"

"Not much, that's the problem..."

"That's what it looks like!" She looked at him expectantly.

"I love her."

Mary's heart jumped. At last, her beloved brother, could love again!

"Oh Sidney!" She embraced him with tears of joy in her eyes.

"She is a treasure of gold."

"I know."

"Oh, did I interrupt you? Where you...?"

"No, I... have something planned...."

Charlotte stood frozen in her room for quite a while after Mary disappeared. Her heart was still beating so hard in her chest that she sat down on her bed and tried to breathe calmly.

He himself seemed surprised at his words, it was probably a thought that had crossed his lips accidentally. She wondered what he actually wanted to do. Did he perhaps want to answer her last question? In showing her?

Oh, so many feelings tickled and crawled through her body until it became so unbearably warm again. Charlotte undressed and got ready for the night, she did not manage to go downstairs anymore tonight. She was too excited. She wondered what his letter said.

She tasted the sweet agony of uncertainty until she lay down in her bed and slowly opened his letter with trembling fingers. Her heart was pounding so that she saw it bouncing under her skin as she looked down at herself.

"My dearest Charlotte," her heart lifted and she became very light.

"I would like to answer your last question, but I'm afraid I cannot put into words what it might feel like to kiss you."

Charlotte had to catch her breath before she read on.

"Because I'm sure it'll be a whole new wonderful feeling, which I'll experience as newly as you will." His words gave her goose bumps in anticipation.

"Will you give me permission to show you?"

Her heart was beating so fast, she was afraid to faint.

"Everything we've experienced in the days since the cove is also completely new to me."

Charlotte put the letter down briefly and let all her encounters and experiences take place before her inner eye. His hands on her thighs, his fingers on her hand and neck, and his mouth had kissed this spot under her ear, and his tongue over the sensitive area underneath. His beautiful body, with this white shirt blowed open by the wind. The drop of water, caught by is warm finger. His warm hand under hers. The feeling of touching his face. But the most incredible thing, his eyes. Dark and deep and full of hope.

A tingling sensation seized her in all parts of her body. Longing. When she had her breathing under control again, she read on.

"I have never had such confusing deep feelings."

Charlotte held her breath. He often seemed as befuddled as she was. Sometimes as if his mind was watching what his body was doing.

"It is so much more, than to have fallen in love." tears of deep emotions tickled her eyes.

"It's like you make me whole." Her breath faltered.

"Charlotte, you are the single pice that was missing my whole life."

Charlotte could barely stand all the feelings, she wiped away her tears before she read any more.

"Will you do give me the honor," now Charlotte sat up, she closed her eyes to collect herself, she did not dare to read any further. It was such a wonderful feeling what was flowing through her. Warmth.

"to come tomorrow after dinner back to where it all began?"

Oh, she huffed a laugh, he kept suprising her. Similar to a release, this pressure and pulling in her stomach eased. Charlotte felt a sense of relief. She was free of doubt and filled with love.

"Don't be afraid, I will tell Mary to accompany you." Charlotte smiled.

"Sleep well, my dearest Charlotte." Then she kissed his words.

"I will keep dreaming of you and hope... "

Charlotte pressed the letter to her heart, he was the most emotional and sensitive man, she thought.

"you will meet me down at the cove."