questions

She stared at him with big eyes. What does he mean, what was he showing her? Slowly she understood his words as his finger moved tenderly up her arm. He leaned further over the table, but only reached the crook of her arm. There he gently twisted it, so that her palm was back on the folder in front of her. As light as butterfly wings his fingers flew over her warm skin. She would never have thought that her forearm was sensitive. It was... it was tingling... she had no words.

"You have questions." That was an observation.

Charlotte could only nod to be overwhelmed by the feelings swirling around her body.

"me too." he breathed. Her eyes flickered toward him and her lips opened slightly. He smiled this magical crooked smile and she was glad she was sitting.

"How does it feel?" He just stroked the back of her hand again.

"Hmmm?" She needed time, she had no words for what he was doing. Sidney moistened his lips, and though he feared her answer, he dared to ask the most important question there was.

"Should I stop?"

Already completely fogged by the feeling of his hands on her and not being able to formulate a clear sentence, she shook her head only slightly.

"Do you like it?" Her breath quickened and the blush deepened in her cheeks.

"...when I touch you?"

Her breathing stopped for a moment. He didn't really ask that, did he? What was she supposed to answer? She longed for his touch and dreamt every night of his hands on her body. But she could not tell him that.

"I like it," he whispered and he increased the pressure of his fingers slightly, that immediately gave a completely different feeling, which flowed through her arm into her whole body.

"Honestly," he smiled sheepishly and then lowered his eyes, because talking about it was something completely different than just feeling it.

"I love touching your skin." Their eyes met. "To caress you."

Insecurity cast a shadow on his face, but he kept talking.

"I wish I could..." Charlotte sucked in the air.

"I haven't wanted to do anything else since the cove."

Her lips opened, but only her breath came out in bursts.

"and now that I've been so honest, can you answer any of my questions?"

She nodded tentatively.

"Do you like it?" he now stroked her knuckles, back and forth as he specified his question.

"...when I touch you?" Charlotte nodded almost imperceptibly.

"How does it feel?"

And he pressed the place between the index and middle finger again. An exciting feeling sloshed through her body and tingling in very private places. She really couldn't tell him that and lowered her eyes.

"...w..warm." she whispered, that's all she was capable of.

"Then I'll cool you down."

He then bent over their united hands and blew gently on them. Charlotte became more and more aware of what he was doing. The tiny hairs on her arm stood up and moved across her arm, up to her shoulder and up over her neck. Just as she was about to give herself over completely to this new feeling, Tom came back. Charlotte could not find the strength to pull her hand away, she was slightly dizzy.